The Market

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What do you think?

I look once a month, when I do my financials. Otherwise I'd drive myself crazy with the ups and downs. So far I'm happy and feeling positive, but I'm nervous when the Powers That Be talk about crashing the economy in order to stick it to Trump.

TPD

the poor dad
What do you think?

Invest regularly in a diversified portfolio, preferably stocks that have a history of 10-15% sales growth. The investment club I belong to meets once a month. We own about 15 stocks. We try to invest in every stock 3-4 times a year with the goal of doubling our money every 5 years (this is where the 15% growth comes in). We met this past Sunday - the DJIA was down 4.6% from our meeting the prior month. The S&P was down almost 3%. Our ~half a million dollar portfolio was down just a little over a half percent. Invest regularly in a diversified portfolio.

That being said, some of the stocks we are currently looking at or own are DG, CGC, DNKN, WM, PM, CVS, WBA, and the trusty ole standby AFL.

Chris0nllyn

That being said, some of the stocks we are currently looking at or own are ...CGC...

I'd hold out on Canopy for a bit. Their stock continues to tumble. They have a chance to be a major player in the cannabis industry so buy low if you can.

Have you looked into Cronos?

TPD

the poor dad
I'd hold out on Canopy for a bit. Their stock continues to tumble. They have a chance to be a major player in the cannabis industry so buy low if you can.

Have you looked into Cronos?

That was the discussion we had with Canopy on Sunday. Cronos has not come up but will be looking. Thx.

As a club we are prevented from buying stocks such as Canopy and Boeing for example because of some of the members and the jobs they hold and the clearances they have...

TPD

the poor dad
Who do you guys use for a broker?

As an investment club, we only invest in stocks that have a direct stock purchase plan and/or a dividend reinvestment plan. I just opened on online account about an hour ago with Fidelity Investments to look at purchasing Cronos or CGC.