The Mayor Calls The Incident Terrorism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
2 hit by truck, 1 killed at Pride parade in Wilton Manors

Police took the man who was driving the truck into custody and were questioning him. He was wearing a Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus t-shirt.

Justin Knight, the chorus’ president, said through a spokesman that chorus members were the ones injured and that the driver was “part of the Chorus family.”

“Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tragic accident that occurred when the Stonewall Pride Parade was just getting started,” Knight said in a statement. “Our fellow Chorus members were those injured and the driver was also a part of the Chorus family. To my knowledge, this was not an attack on the LGBTQ community. We anticipate more details to follow and ask for the community’s love and support.”

[clip]

Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis, who was at the parade, said the truck missed Wasserman Schultz’s car “by inches” before crashing through a gate and into a plant nursery.

He said shortly after the crash that he believed it was a deliberate attempted attack of the Democratic congresswoman.

“This is a terrorist attack against the LGBT community,” Trantalis told Local 10 News. “This is exactly what it is. Hardly an accident. It was deliberate, it was premeditated, and it was targeted against a specific person. Luckily they missed that person, but unfortunately, they hit two other people.”

glhs837

Power with Control
Wait, so the gay chorus member crashes into more gay chorus members and that's terrorism? Whats the message? Fear gay chorus members?

Think he should have read this statement from the head of the gay chorus before opening his yapper....

To my knowledge, this was not an attack on the LGBTQ community

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Police took the man who was driving the truck into custody and were questioning him. He was wearing a Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus t-shirt.

Justin Knight, the chorus’ president, said through a spokesman that chorus members were the ones injured and that the driver was “part of the Chorus family.”

“Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tragic accident that occurred when the Stonewall Pride Parade was just getting started,” Knight said in a statement. “Our fellow Chorus members were those injured and the driver was also a part of the Chorus family. To my knowledge, this was not an attack on the LGBTQ community. We anticipate more details to follow and ask for the community’s love and support.”

[clip]

Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis, who was at the parade, said the truck missed Wasserman Schultz’s car “by inches” before crashing through a gate and into a plant nursery.

He said shortly after the crash that he believed it was a deliberate attempted attack of the Democratic congresswoman.

“This is a terrorist attack against the LGBT community,” Trantalis told Local 10 News. “This is exactly what it is. Hardly an accident. It was deliberate, it was premeditated, and it was targeted against a specific person. Luckily they missed that person, but unfortunately, they hit two other people.”
Apparently the mayor gets more woke points for an LGBTQ attack than he would for an LGBTQ accident.

BOP

[clip]

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives were mocked for calling for thoughts and prayers for victims of crime and their families.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
It's mighty queer for Mayor Transtails to think the gayed up chorus are terrorists. He may have internal indirectal knowledge.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm thinking His Honor The Mayor Nuked the Fridge ASSUMING the Driver is some Queer Hating Trump Supporter

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I'm thinking His Honor The Mayor Nuked the Fridge ASSUMING the Driver is some Queer Hating Trump Supporter
I guess he thought he was alone in his self loathing amongst the other gays and lefties. Back to therapy for him!

SamSpade

Until I read this thread, that is absolutely the story I got. The presumption that it is some Trump supporter without any evidence whatsoever is beginning to seriously piss me off.

Replace "Trump supporter" with ANY OTHER GROUP AT ALL - and no retraction at all after it is repeatedly found that group was not at fault.
For example, just replace it with "black" or "Jew" or "Muslim". BEFORE you have a scintilla of actual evidence.

That is not journalism, and we won't have it until there are consequences for making up news.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Until I read this thread, that is absolutely the story I got. The presumption that it is some Trump supporter without any evidence whatsoever is beginning to seriously piss me off.

Media, Left Rush To Claim Pride Parade Death As A Homophobic ‘Terrorist Attack.’ It Was An Accident By Another Participant.

Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis, a Democrat, was at the parade and claimed the truck narrowly missed Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) “by inches” and called the incident a “terrorist attack.

“This is a terrorist attack against the LGBT community,” Trantalis told WPLG. “This is exactly what it is. Hardly an accident. It was deliberate, it was premeditated, and it was targeted against a specific person. Luckily they missed that person, but unfortunately, they hit two other people.”

At the time Trantalis made the statement, there was no evidence to suggest his claims were in any way true.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ft. Lauderdale Mayor Tries To Walk Back ‘Terrorism’ Claims Over Pride Parade Accident, Now Says He Was ‘Terrorized’

“Within moments of the tragedy and before any information was known, Democrats and the media began treating it as a deliberate attack on the LGBT community,” the Daily Wire noted, citing the mayor’s immediate remarks.

“This is a terrorist attack against the LGBT community,” Trantalis told WPLG. “This is exactly what it is. Hardly an accident. It was deliberate, it was premeditated, and it was targeted against a specific person. Luckily they missed that person, but unfortunately, they hit two other people.”

“That person” was later identified as Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL). It is not clear how close Wasserman-Schultz was to the incident and reports vary. In some, the truck “narrowly missed” the Democratic legislator. In others, she was getting into a different vehicle nearby but not immediately adjacent to the incident.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats Try to Blame LGBT Parade Death On Ron DeSantis And Fail Miserably

DeSantis Press Secretary Christina Pushaw noted the media’s desire to place politics over accuracy regarding the incident.

“We as Floridians should be coming together to mourn the loss of life and pray for the recovery of those who were injured,” she told The Federalist. “But instead, a local official made premature, reckless, and inflammatory remarks that were inspired by politics, not facts. This disinformation was instantly spread in corporate media without the most basic attempts at fact-checking, because too many journalists prioritize being ‘first’ over being accurate.”

Pushaw also stated that she’s not surprised by the amplification the lie received on Twitter, arguing that “every time the hashtag ‘DeathSantis’ trends, it’s a direct result of the media lying about Governor DeSantis.”

Hijinx

They enjoyed jumping down DeSantis's throat when what they should have said was homosexuals can't drive for sht.

Just stirring the pot, but my fallacious and joking response is closer to the truth than their accusation.