The Method?

nutz

Anyone here spent the money on Clinton Anderson's Method? Were you thrilled with the results, or...?

horsegirl

Anyone here spent the money on Clinton Anderson's Method? Were you thrilled with the results, or...?

yes one of the ladies at the barn bought the whole set and all the equipment. It worked for her horse who was having some issues with being spooky. We have all watched it and used parts of it for various reasons. It was the same cost as sending her horse away for professional training so she was satisfied and learned along the way.

BelgianTeam1

The Method...

I actually started using Clinton's method on my very large (17.2h) and very pushy young tb gelding.Within less than a week of about half an hour a day, I could move him anywhere...forward, back, side to side, fast slow, all without even touching him. I am not one to buy a brand but I give it to Clinton, he took all the rules of good horsemanship and made them easy to understand and apply. As for buying the materials, I bought his introductory book and read it cover to cover, but other than that, I used my own rope halter, long lead and a spin off of the handy stick I found at the expo. I've found that its not the materials that send the message, its all about your delievery. I like that he gives the horse several chances to get it right, but isn't scared to be firm when the horse ignores all his chances. The method worked for me, on the ground and undersaddle.

nutz

I went to one of his shows and was impressed. Wasn't thinking about equipment as much as the books/dvd's. We are having trailering issues, I was on the fence about spending the money to order his troublefree trailering dvd. I would love to have a self-loading horse, is that too much to ask for though?

DQ2B

I went to one of his shows and was impressed. Wasn't thinking about equipment as much as the books/dvd's. We are having trailering issues, I was on the fence about spending the money to order his troublefree trailering dvd. I would love to have a self-loading horse, is that too much to ask for though?

Haven't worked with a horse yet that I couldn't teach to self load. Not that I have hundreds under my belt, but still, with patience and procedure they all have eventually learned.

mommy1

Chrissy Long (at Infinity Farm) trains and works with horses using Clinton Anderson's DUH method. I know of a couple horses she did and I haven't heard any complaints. She had a 2 1/2 year old getting on the trailer by pointing her stick at it in a matter of working with him an hour or so.. I highly recommend her if you don't have time to do it yourself.

Eventer29

I have seen a couple people use "The Method" and seen it on RFDTV. It seems effective and I like his methods better than most out there. A lot of training is using common horse sense, some have it, a lot do Not. I like to check out different training methods and pick bits and pieces that work for me.

nutz

Mine is a knucklehead. Sometimes leads right on, sometimes you need to pack a lunch. I know it must be something I've done wrong, so I bit the bullet and ordered the DVD.