The Mighty Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins

Kerad

They're back!

Despite losing their top 2 defensemen to long term injuries, and being without the services of right winger Petr Sykora, The Mighty Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins started the 2008-2009 season with a victory...beating the well rested Ottawa Senators 4-3 in OT in Stockholm, Sweden.

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP)—Tyler Kennedy scored his second goal with 25 seconds left in overtime to lift the Pittsburgh Penguins past the Ottawa Senators, 4-3 in the first NHL regular-season opener in Sweden on Saturday night.

The Philadelphia Flyers and Washington Capitals still suck....according to an independent expert who knows everything.

Attachments

• Kennedy goal 1, Game 1, Pens vs Sens.jpg
    Kennedy goal 1, Game 1, Pens vs Sens.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Kerad

...overcome some early season lethargy and a lucky goal by the Stupid Flyers in a 3-2 OT victory on Tuesday Night.

Pascal Dupuis (the guy we kept in the Hossa trade) scores the Game winning goal in OT, as the Penguins score another victory in the young season.

:yahoo:

NHL Capsules - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

Pascal Dupuis scored on a slap shot from along the edge of the left circle with 10.8 seconds left in overtime and the Pittsburgh Penguins kept the Philadelphia Flyers winless...

Flyers still suck.

:smile:

Attachments

• Dupuis winner.jpg
    Dupuis winner.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Flyer beatdown.jpg
    Flyer beatdown.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Kerad

It was a good thing I missed this game. Cant wait to watch the pens implode this season. Colby Armstrong Gone.... Ryan Malone Gone....

Damn two top offensive guys traded. Hope Crosbys back muscles are strong.

I'm not saying that the Pens will be just as good as last year, but I don't see an "implosion" any time soon.

Colby was part of the deal to get Hossa and Dupuis. While he was a good energy guy, there are a ton of those in the league. Dupuis brings more to the table on a nightly basis.

Malone is going to be missed. I hated to see him go. But when you look at the long term deals the Penguins had to take care of (Malkin, Fleury, Orpik), somebody was going to be left out.

(Although I still think that if Hossa hadn't strung the Penguins along like he did, they might have worked something out with Ryan.)

Kerad

What a friggin' comeback man.:buddies:

I agree.

Where were you guys when it was 3-0?

Anyways, I am thoroughly disgusted with how the Pens played tonight. They played as if the last thing they wanted to be doing was to play a game. They were lethargic, disinterested, and lame.

Even when they were up 3-0 (at least the PP clicked), I was not happy. Fleury, Malkin, Satan, and the 4th liners tried...but everyone else took the night off.

Congrats to the Caps. It was a hell of a comeback...the kind of win they can build momentum from. They deserved it, and they got it.

The Penguins need to wake the #### up. Injuries and new players can be an excuse for some things, but lack of effort is not one of them.

Nice job, Caps. :cheers:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I agree.

Anyways, I am thoroughly disgusted with how the Pens played tonight. They played as if the last thing they wanted to be doing was to play a game. They were lethargic, disinterested, and lame.

Even when they were up 3-0 (at least the PP clicked), I was not happy. Fleury, Malkin, Satan, and the 4th liners tried...but everyone else took the night off.

Congrats to the Caps. It was a hell of a comeback...the kind of win they can build momentum from. They deserved it, and they got it.

The Penguins need to wake the #### up. Injuries and new players can be an excuse for some things, but lack of effort is not one of them.

For most of the game the Caps didn't get any pressure whatsoever. Making bad passes and not finishing made me frustrated. They sure did turn that around in the third period though.

It seemed that after the Pens went up 3-0 they took a Joe Gibbs conservative approach.:lol:

To future Pens v. Caps match-ups.:cheers:

Peter Forsberg

I agree.

Bandwagon