The MOB Will Come For You

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Build your own platforms,” they said. So Gab did. Now they’re banned too.

If you thought that the social credit system in China, where dissidents can’t travel or buy things, would never come here, you’re wrong. It’s already here and the founder of Gab, a free-speech platform, is one of its first victims. Andrew Torba wrote an editorial about his experience and the discrimination he is facing for owning a completely legal free speech platform.

As many of you already know we learned last week that Visa blacklisted Gab and we are now unable to process credit and debit card transactions. We learned more information this week and I think it’s important that I share it as a warning for others.
It’s not just Gab that is blacklisted. It’s also my family.
In China there is something called the Social Credit System, which was developed by the Communist Chinese Party as a “national reputation system.”
This system tracks the “trustworthiness” of individuals, businesses, and organizations. “Trustworthiness” here means total and complete submission to the Chinese Communist Party. If the Communist Party deems you to be untrustworthy, you are denied access to plane tickets, train tickets, opening and operating businesses, and more.
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...ng-visa-over-vague-hate-speech-charge-n594628

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Museum Curator Resigns After He Is Accused of Racism for Saying He Would Still Collect Art From White Men

The petitioners cite few examples of anything even approaching bad behavior from Garrels. Their sole complaint is that he allegedly concluded a presentation on how to diversify the museum's holdings by saying, "don't worry, we will definitely still continue to collect white artists."

Garrels has apparently articulated this sentiment on more than one occasion. According to artnet.com, he said that it would be impossible to completely shun white artists, because this would constitute "reverse discrimination." That's the sum total of his alleged crimes. He made a perfectly benign, wholly inoffensive, obviously true statement that at least some of the museum's featured artists would continue to be white. The petition lists no other specific grievances.

You might think that one of the most prominent art curators in the country—with 20 years of experience at SFMOMA—would be able to weather such a pathetically weak accusation of racism. But in the current cultural moment, it appears not. Garrels promptly resigned.

Hijinx

The Blacks are changing the English Language.
I remember when someone said the Mob is coming to get you we all thought of the mafia.
Now it's a pack of unemployed Lee Roys stepping on the flag and pillaging their way through Democrat cities.
Either that or unemployed and commie educated young whites with sheit for brains calling themselves ANTIFA.

Practically everything a white person does these days is claimed to be racist, In his words and actions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Museum Curator Resigns After He Is Accused of Racism for Saying He Would Still Collect Art From White Men

The petitioners cite few examples of anything even approaching bad behavior from Garrels. Their sole complaint is that he allegedly concluded a presentation on how to diversify the museum's holdings by saying, "don't worry, we will definitely still continue to collect white artists."

Garrels has apparently articulated this sentiment on more than one occasion. According to artnet.com, he said that it would be impossible to completely shun white artists, because this would constitute "reverse discrimination." That's the sum total of his alleged crimes. He made a perfectly benign, wholly inoffensive, obviously true statement that at least some of the museum's featured artists would continue to be white. The petition lists no other specific grievances.

You might think that one of the most prominent art curators in the country—with 20 years of experience at SFMOMA—would be able to weather such a pathetically weak accusation of racism. But in the current cultural moment, it appears not. Garrels promptly resigned.

To hell with him. He no doubt voted for the culture SF currently enjoys, so now he gets to reap the rewards of his poor choices.

I honestly don't care about those people. If they want civil unrest and "protesters" out busting chit up, let them have it. Keeps these aholes out of places I want to be, so win-win.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Blacks are changing the English Language.
I remember when someone said the Mob is coming to get you we all thought of the mafia.
Now it's a pack of unemployed Lee Roys stepping on the flag and pillaging their way through Democrat cities.
Either that or unemployed and commie educated young whites with sheit for brains calling themselves ANTIFA.

Practically everything a white person does these days is claimed to be racist, In his words and actions.

"Mob" has always been a word that meant "large unruly group". Black people didn't invent that. And now I have to put you on ignore because this post pushed my headache into overdrive and I just can't anymore today.

Hijinx

"Mob" has always been a word that meant "large unruly group". Black people didn't invent that. And now I have to put you on ignore because this post pushed my headache into overdrive and I just can't anymore today.

Gee now I won't be able to sleep tonight.
Ignoring the truth doesn't change it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Petition Calls On Trader Joe’s Grocery Stores To Change ‘Racist’ Ethnic Product Names

USA Today reports that 840 concerned consumers have signed a Change.org petition, launched two weeks ago, asking the chain to change the labeling on its ethnic food packaging. “It says the grocer ‘labels some of its ethnic foods with modifications of ‘Joe’ that belies a narrative of exoticism that perpetuates harmful stereotypes,’ noting how Trader Ming’s is used to brand the chain’s Chinese foods and Trader José’s for Mexican foods.”

According to Forbes, the chain sells mostly generic products under its own label, and around 80% of the items Trader Joe’s carries is labeled with some iteration of “Trader Joe,” the nickname of original CEO Joe Coulombe. The program ensures customers associate Trader Joe’s products directly with the Trader Joe’s brand.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Petition Calls On Trader Joe’s Grocery Stores To Change ‘Racist’ Ethnic Product Names

USA Today reports that 840 concerned consumers have signed a Change.org petition, launched two weeks ago, asking the chain to change the labeling on its ethnic food packaging. “It says the grocer ‘labels some of its ethnic foods with modifications of ‘Joe’ that belies a narrative of exoticism that perpetuates harmful stereotypes,’ noting how Trader Ming’s is used to brand the chain’s Chinese foods and Trader José’s for Mexican foods.”

According to Forbes, the chain sells mostly generic products under its own label, and around 80% of the items Trader Joe’s carries is labeled with some iteration of “Trader Joe,” the nickname of original CEO Joe Coulombe. The program ensures customers associate Trader Joe’s products directly with the Trader Joe’s brand.

:lmao:

Trader Joe's will collapse into a sodden pile of apologies. They're all proggy and most likely horrified that they inadvertently did something humorous.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I see a national appointed committee who's sole purpose is to do nothing but check businesses for misuse of potentially racist, derogatory and offensive phrases. There will be no new businesses standing up because they won't pass the tests, and 99.9% of current businesses will be shut down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If the Taco Bell Chiahuahua was around today, heads would explode.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If the Taco Bell Chiahuahua was around today, heads would explode.
:killingme

We used to to endlessly tease my old buddy Miguel, a Porto Ree Can immigrant who live in his RV behind my shop for a few years (RIP). "Drop the chalupa!"....."yo quiero Taco Bell!"...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trader Joe's Reverses Course, Refuses To Kowtow To Outrage Mob
https://www.zerohedge.com/users/tyler-durden

It kind of looks like it - Trader Joe's has decided to reverse course and not change all the brand labels of its products to satisfy the wokeness demands of a tiny, largely white, racism-parsing left-wing mob. Here's their statement: (emphasis ours)

To Our Valued Customers:
In light of recent feedback and attention we’ve received about our product naming, we have some things we’d like to say to clarify our approach.
A few weeks ago, an online petition was launched calling on us to “remove racist packaging from [our] products.” Following were inaccurate reports that the petition prompted us to take action. We want to be clear: we disagree that any of these labels are racist. We do not make decisions based on petitions.
We make decisions based on what customers purchase, as well as the feedback we receive from our customers and Crew Members. If we feel there is need for change, we do not hesitate to take action.
Decades ago, our Buying Team started using product names, like Trader Giotto’s, Trader José’s, Trader Ming’s, etc. We thought then—and still do—that this naming of products could be fun and show appreciation for other cultures. For example, we named our Mexican beer “Trader José Premium” and a couple guacamole products are called “Avocado’s Number” in a kitschy reference to a mathematical theory. These products have been really popular with our customers, including some budding mathematicians.
We constantly reevaluate what we are doing to ensure it makes sense for our business and aligns with customers’ expectations. A couple years ago we asked our Buying Team to review all our products to see if we needed to update any older packages, and also see if the associated brands developed years ago needed to be refreshed. We found that some of the older names or products just weren’t connecting or selling very well; so, they were discontinued. It’s kind of what we do.
Recently we have heard from many customers reaffirming that these name variations are largely viewed in exactly the way they were intended—as an attempt to have fun with our product marketing. We continue our ongoing evaluation, and those products that resonate with our customers and sell well will remain on our shelves.
Trader Joe’s has been a unique, fun and neighborly place to shop for over 50 years. We look forward to taking care of our wonderful customers for many future decades.