The Mosquito's------------damn the mosquito's

Hijinx

Try to cut the grass they attack, walk outside they attack, Open the car door they come inside and attack.
I pay for the county to spray but it rains every day and the spray is useless.
Water everywhere is breeding these things like Mosquito's.

I m going to need some Hydroxychloroquine for malaria soon.

DaSDGuy

Try to cut the grass they attack, walk outside they attack, Open the car door they come inside and attack.
I pay for the county to spray but it rains every day and the spray is useless.
Water everywhere is breeding these things like Mosquito's.

I m going to need some Hydroxychloroquine for malaria soon.
All kidding aside, I find that if I wipe all exposed skin with a dryer sheet the little bloodsuckers leave me alone

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I plan on being outside for more than a few minutes, I spray all exposed skin with something that has DEET in it. The little Asian Tiger mosquitoes we have down here in the woods are extremely efficient. I can walk ~30' to the car and they'll be planted and sucking within that short amount of time. They seem to go for the face for some reason, which makes it very hard to protect yourself with as hot as it's been. Sweat, DEET, and eyes isn't a good combination. I've sprayed the worst of the yard with Cutter, but there's so much standing water, they're back with a vengeance.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They're attracted to carbon dioxide. Just stop breathing.
Actually... I have tried holding my breath, but these little bastards hone in on my lily white face. I have work to do in the yard, so I'll grab a can of Cutter and spray away.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just as I posted, sitting in my car ready to eat my breakfast sandwich, I looked up and one was flying away from me with a bright red belly. 😡

mitzi

I came in the other day, walked the long 25 feet from my car to my door and was bitten in 6 places on my arm. One was even thru my shirt. I don't know if it was a mosquito or those da*n biting gnats. They are really bad this year.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'll be under my blazer for most of the day. I'll set up my squirrel cage fan to create a wind tunnel to keep them at bay.