The most stressful time

acommondisaster

Time for a new hairdresser. I've waited longer than I should.
My last visit, she forgot about me, left the shop to go get a snack elsewhere in the shopping complex and my scalp felt like it was on fire; my hair is very dry, I'm sure it's damaged. She apologized. She totally didn't listen to me about what I wanted in a hairstyle.

The visit before that, she did okay on the color, but once again, she didn't listen to what I wanted in a hairstyle.

The time before that, my hairstyle just kind of looked like it sat on top of my head. Oh sure, it looked nice, but it wasn't "me".

I'd been very happy with her up until then. I don't know what happened. Did she think that she had my business and didn't need to try to make me happy?

Now, I have this huge stripe of gray showing at my scalp. Changing hairdressers is so stressful. I don't even want to be seen in public, but I've got to do something, quick. Charles County.

mamatutu

mama to two
My last visit, she forgot about me, left the shop to go get a snack elsewhere in the shopping complex and my scalp felt like it was on fire; my hair is very dry, I'm sure it's damaged. She apologized. She totally didn't listen to me about what I wanted in a hairstyle.

The visit before that, she did okay on the color, but once again, she didn't listen to what I wanted in a hairstyle.

The time before that, my hairstyle just kind of looked like it sat on top of my head. Oh sure, it looked nice, but it wasn't "me".

I'd been very happy with her up until then. I don't know what happened. Did she think that she had my business and didn't need to try to make me happy?

Now, I have this huge stripe of gray showing at my scalp. Changing hairdressers is so stressful. I don't even want to be seen in public, but I've got to do something, quick. Charles County.

I am so sorry, accom. Our hair is very important to us ladies. You made me think of a story about my mom back in the day when she was getting a perm, and her hairdresser took a phone call, and my mom lost most of her that day. I have always cut my own hair, but now am facing my dot's wedding in May, so I too have to find a hairdresser. I am in Calvert, so I can't help you. But, I hope we both find what we need in a decent salon. :huggy:

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....

Gina V. at Classic Image Salon in Smallwood Village Shopping Center. She is great with cuts and color.

301) 843-8434

MarieB

Sorry, that sucks :(

I also now have grey roots. You can buy stuff at Sally to use and keep on hand until you get to that new hairdresser. If you part your hair, a zigzag part helps too.

Good luck finding someone.

Roman

That's horrible ACD! No Stylist should leave the Salon while they have someone in the chair with color on their head. I think I would have kicked her ass when she returned. I've had all kinds of color, and styling mishaps over the years, and then I decided to go all natural. I get my hair trimmed once, maybe twice a year and it looks pretty good considering it's baby fine, which makes it look thin. I hope that you find a Stylist that makes you happy.

KDENISE977

The Hair Company in Charlotte Hall is really good with color, I know it's not Charles county but damn close !! Check out their website

lmwelch

I highly recommend Vivian at Today's Look in White Plains.

acommondisaster

That's horrible ACD! No Stylist should leave the Salon while they have someone in the chair with color on their head. I think I would have kicked her ass when she returned. I've had all kinds of color, and styling mishaps over the years, and then I decided to go all natural. I get my hair trimmed once, maybe twice a year and it looks pretty good considering it's baby fine, which makes it look thin. I hope that you find a Stylist that makes you happy.

I can't wait to go natural - I'm in a high tech industry where everyone's younger than me and I need to hop onto one more contract when this one is over. Then I'll be at a point where I don't think I'll need to worry about people looking at me and judging me for my age (most contracts run 4 years with 3 or 4 option years, so I'll be set). I'll go natural at that point. I have a friend who got a government position and she almost immediately let her hair go gray, for the same reason; no more worrying about not being picked up for a contract.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:huggy:

I hope you find someone good.