The Mystery Bird

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
johnjrval424 said:
Do you know what habitat they are attracted to?

I would love to have some different birds visit my feeders - I have the tufted titmouses, a couple cardinals, lots of chickadees and the occasional Blue Jay.

My house is surrounded by woodlands. Maybe this isn't their preferred area?

I have sunflower seeds and suet feeders as food outside for them. Should I offer something different?
Stick w/Black Oil Sunflower seed-other seed mixes end up being "seed soup". Other than Thistle for Finches, that's all I use and I have birds of every local species showing up. Good luck!
Wait till right before Spring for putting up birdhouses-they don't use them in the winter.

johnjrval424

Fubar said:
Stick w/Black Oil Sunflower seed-other seed mixes end up being "seed soup". Other than Thistle for Finches, that's all I use and I have birds of every local species showing up. Good luck!
Wait till right before Spring for putting up birdhouses-they don't use them in the winter.

Thanks for your help! I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I'll see one of those elusive "bluebirds" one day...I had my first hummingbirds this past summer so I'm not giving up hope yet!