The Navy, ya'll

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Secretary of the Navy Carlos Del Toro said he sees fighting climate change as a top priority for the Navy as the Biden administration proposes shrinking the fleet by two ships and worries grow about how the U.S. Navy stacks up to China’s.

"As the Secretary of the Navy, I can tell you that I have made climate one of my top priorities since the first day I came into office," Del Toro said March 1 in remarks at the University of the Bahamas.

:rolleyes:

limblips

PREMO Member
I guess Del Toro is blind to the actual threats we face like Russia, China, Middle East, and Dems so he is chasing a nebulous, exaggerated, wokism lie.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

I guess Del Toro is blind to the actual threats we face like Russia, China, Middle East, and Dems so he is chasing a nebulous, exaggerated, wokism lie.
Maybe he's been hanging out with Bootyplug and missed it.

Hijinx

This idiot Naval Secretary did not say how the Navy was going to change the climate did he?
I don't understand how these Envirowhacko's have convinced so many people that human beings can change the climate.
The climate is what it is. If it's getting warmer and it appears that it is ,Humans have nothing to do with it and there is nothing we can do about it.

Some of the coldest weather we had was during the big Industrial age when smoke covered the continent from the coal fires used to produce the Industrial age. It didn't get warmer because of the pollution.

Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

The stupid isn't always new.

Windjammer existed lonnnnng before 86 if I'm not mistaken as well as the Tradewinds and Animaldrome.
My haunts were Breezy 21 on NAS and Whing Ding, Clancy's, JR's, Harry's, Tidewater, Fleet Reserve and Purple Onion off base mostly in Ocean Zoo.

limblips

PREMO Member
Windjammer existed lonnnnng before 86 if I'm not mistaken as well as the Tradewinds and Animaldrome.
My haunts were Breezy 21 on NAS and Whing Ding, Clancy's, JR's, Harry's, Tidewater, Fleet Reserve and Purple Onion off base mostly in Ocean Zoo.
It did but went dry in '86 for a very short financial disaster. Of those you mention only Clancy's and Fleet Reserve are still open.

WingsOfGold

The Bladenburg Road Clancys is still open??
Doesn't ring a bell.......... Clancys Norfolk was off Tidewater Dr I think. "Big Sug" worked there..... 350 lbs, 70 years old and would pour beer with her tits.
She had world class talent. (Been 50 years)

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
A good bar in a Navy town should never go out of business. But it has to be run correctly.

Take Murray's Tavern in Jacksonville. The building is practically at the end of the bases' runway. Squids have been going there for decades. The place is full of various signs that have been stolen at various foreign locations, adding to the charm of the place. It's a low brow, gritty watering hole. If you want fancy, take a drive down to the Jacksonville Landing.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
A good bar in a Navy town should never go out of business. But it has to be run correctly.

Take Murray's Tavern in Jacksonville. The building is practically at the end of the bases' runway. Squids have been going there for decades. The place is full of various signs that have been stolen at various foreign locations, adding to the charm of the place. It's a low brow, gritty watering hole. If you want fancy, take a drive down to the Jacksonville Landing.
Back in my younger days going through Aircrew/Cory Station (EWOP).

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Kinda like Tobys at New River.