The new Dollar General in Mechanicsville...

ltown81

Is officially the ugliest new business built in St. Mary's in the last 10 years. What an eyesore.

That is all....

officeguy

Amazing how they managed to re-create the ugliness of the other stores in their network. It's like they have an ugliness consultant who advises them on what proportion of brick-wall looks the least appealing. I understand that you have to work with what you are given if you move into an old CVS, but this time they started with a empty piece of land.

What a waste of a good business location.

Urbanite

amazing how they managed to re-create the ugliness of the other stores in their network. It's like they have an ugliness consultant who advises them on what proportion of brick-wall looks the least appealing. I understand that you have to work with what you are given if you move into an old cvs, but this time they started with a empty piece of land.

What a waste of a good business location.

Amen !

JeJeTe

Happiness
I've never seen a nice looking Dollar General and fail to understand why the #### we need so many of them. :shrug:

Beta

Smile!
why do I get the feeling that with as critical as some of you are being, you'll still end up shopping there for the prices? :rolleyes:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I've never seen a nice looking Dollar General and fail to understand why the #### we need so many of them. :shrug:

The decor and ambiance are designed to make the EBT crowd feel like they're shopping from home.

DQ2B

Yeah, for the life of me I can't figure out why we needed another one when we have both a Dollar General and Family Dollar just up the road in Charlotte Hall.

officeguy

why do I get the feeling that with as critical as some of you are being, you'll still end up shopping there for the prices? :rolleyes:

Actually I don't. If you take a close look, the prices are not that great. The only things that are cheaper than Walmart are the cheap chinese copies of the cheap chines stuff sold at walmart.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I don't understand why all these Family Dollar and Dollar General's are popping up all over, most of the stuff they sell is garbage, and not much is a dollar. We have about 20 within 5 miles of the house and we noticed a new business going in nearby and couldn't wait to find out what it was, when they first started building it, I was hoping for a Wawa, but it's a Family Dollar, just what we need. Dollar General's are ugly, they seem to be on every corner here.

Beta

Smile!
Actually I don't. If you take a close look, the prices are not that great. The only things that are cheaper than Walmart are the cheap chinese copies of the cheap chines stuff sold at walmart.

I wandered by one, just to check it out, grabbed a few odds and ends that I needed...went up to the register, and they rang up for half the advertised price. Just sayin

TPD

the poor dad
About six years ago, I made a fair amount of money with Dollar General stock. I don't care what the buildings look like as long as the stock increases in value!

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I for one thinks it's attractive just because it gives you guys something else to bitch about, along with the unfriendliness of long time residents, the traffic, the weather, hunting, other chain outlets (even though you won't patronize locals) and whatever else pops into your heads that you think warrants a complaint.