The new owners of the tack shop...

R

remaxrealtor

at Flat Iron are doing a phenomonal job with the place!!!! They've doubled the size, added TONS of stuff and a lot of cool "horsey" jewlery, etc. R has quite a Christmas Wish List already! I got the cutest pink and leather riding gloves there today, plus I got to meet Katie!

Nice to meet you Katie! :howdy:

oldman

Lobster Land
remaxrealtor said:
at Flat Iron are doing a phenomonal job with the place!!!! They've doubled the size, added TONS of stuff and a lot of cool "horsey" jewlery, etc. R has quite a Christmas Wish List already! I got the cutest pink and leather riding gloves there today, plus I got to meet Katie!

Nice to meet you Katie! :howdy:

This may be a dumb question but I don't know the answer. What is the purpose of riding gloves? Are they just for warmth during the colder months or is there some other reason? I owned a couple of horses for a relatively few years and am just curious. They say you learn something new everyday and so far I haven't learned anything today, so this may do it for me. Thanks.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Riding gloves, I've found are good if you have a horse that tends to pull and lean on the bridle, have slippery reins, some folks get blistered easily, some riding classes require them, there are a few other reasons to use them too. I'm sure there'll be some more posts here shortly!

oldman

Lobster Land
HorseLady said:
Riding gloves, I've found are good if you have a horse that tends to pull and lean on the bridle, have slippery reins, some folks get blistered easily, some riding classes require them, there are a few other reasons to use them too. I'm sure there'll be some more posts here shortly!

Thanks for the response. I've learned my lesson for today.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
oldman said:
Thanks for the response. I've learned my lesson for today.

Mainly, it's so you won't get your fingers tugged off and, of course, to look pretty (which is, of course, the most important reason -- expecially if we're talking pink and black gloves). :lmao:

K

Katie

:howdy:

I LOVE my new boots!!

I am still working on getting them to drop down and not be in the bend of my knee.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
Unbelievable said:
Mainly, it's so you won't get your fingers tugged off and, of course, to look pretty (which is, of course, the most important reason -- expecially if we're talking pink and black gloves). :lmao:

Thanks for the red. The new owners of the t... 09-18-2006 12:41 PM Pretty? Good Luck with that! :razz:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Unbelievable said:
Thanks for the red. The new owners of the t... 09-18-2006 12:41 PM Pretty? Good Luck with that! :razz:

Check your PM's.:howdy: People aren't always nice, they feel badly and they want the rest of the world to share in their pain. :flowers:

R

remaxrealtor

happyappygirl said:
Do they have any gaited horse stuff? I'm looking for a larger saddle for R-C.
I'm going down this afternoon and will ask for you!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:coffee: yup. And as a matter of fact you may even be arrested, and since you do seem to get a little unruly he may even use handcuffs. :killingme

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mygoldnhorse said:
:coffee: yup. And as a matter of fact you may even be arrested, and since you do seem to get a little unruly he may even use handcuffs. :killingme

ya THINK?
{hope they're the ones with the fur lining}