The new Sonic Drive-In

pelers

I think I'll sneak out this evening after the kids are in bed. We (along with everyone else in the zip code, I'm sure) were sent a thing that said their devil shakes are half off after 8pm. :drool:

doubtfull24

They close at 9 PM when their Facebook page says 12 AM.

Nooooooooooooooo!

We went and waited in the drive threw line for an hour and a half ! I had promised my boys to take them today. Big mistake sitting in the drive threw line with a hungry teenager and 3 year old is not fun. The food was good though so they said it was worth it lol We didn't get our food until 9:30 I think!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We went and waited in the drive threw line for an hour and a half ! I had promised my boys to take them today. Big mistake sitting in the drive threw line with a hungry teenager and 3 year old is not fun. The food was good though so they said it was worth it lol We didn't get our food until 9:30 I think!

Really? We must've gotten in the line at the right time. We pulled up in the line for the stalls at 8:25 and we pulled into a stall at 9:05 PM. 40 mins wait ain't bad when they told us it could be over an hour wait. 9:30 is about when we got our food too. We totally expected that too. It's opening day for crying out loud. I did see that they stopped allowing cars in the drive-thru lines some time after 9PM. They might normally stay open til midnight or whatever but maybe for opening day they all couldn't handle anymore? :shrug:

It took us about 10 mins to order though... was trying to ask the kid for 2 mini salted caramel shakes.

"Can I get 2 mini salted caramel shakes"
"chocolate shakes?"
"salted caramel"
"so chocolate and caramel?"
"SALTed caramel"
"chocolate and caramel?"
"Nope. SAL-TED caramel"
"MALTED caramel?"
"salted with an 'S' caramel"
"malted caramel....can't find that"
:banghead:
"hun...I'm staring at the ad on this speaker for a salted caramel shake. I'm saying SSSSSSSSS-AAALLLLTT-ed caramel"
"chocolate..........? or just caramel?"
"salted caramel......S..A..L..T...salted caramel"
"MALTed chocolate?"
"SALT..hun...PLEASE...SALT.....S...A....L....T....like SALT and pepper"
"AHH. Found it." :doh:

He charged us for mediums and we wanted mini's. At that point I wasn't about to correct him, I needed the medium :lmao:

Kuddos on them for the set-up they had going. They actually planned and anticipated lines around the parking lot. Very helpful. LT and I figured there would be a line but we were impressed with how they kept things moving. Her monster got herself a nice vanilla cup and Maggie my pup enjoyed it with her. :drool:

I know it's a sign of "maturing" but I just can't understand how people get so excited over zero nutrution, high calorie junk food pusher places... and to call taking your kids to get this stuff "dinner" is mind blowing...:doh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know it's a sign of "maturing" but I just can't understand how people get so excited over zero nutrution, high calorie junk food pusher places... and to call taking your kids to get this stuff "dinner" is mind blowing...:doh:

This is a boring place. When you live somewhere normal, the opening of a fast food joint doesn't create anywhere near this excitement.

MMM_donuts

Well, well, well, look who's on a high horse judging others.

MMM_donuts

Not at all... I don't care who partakes in what... I said I don't understand calling it food when it brings no nutrition to the plate.

That's patently false. While it may not be optimal (which in itself is debatable) or up to your standards, to say that there's zero nutrition is incorrect.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's patently false. While it may not be optimal (which in itself is debatable) or up to your standards, to say that there's zero nutrition is incorrect.

When you look at the menu, in it's entirety, the consumer has to be very careful. The majority of the menu items are high in calories and in "bad things", while low in essential vitemins and minerals.
Every restuarant has those trades, fast food joints happen to be the worst. Let's face it, we want certain tastes, we want it quick and we want it quick.
That's not a recipe for optimal health.

MMM_donuts

When you look at the menu, in it's entirety, the consumer has to be very careful. The majority of the menu items are high in calories and in "bad things", while low in essential vitemins and minerals.
Every restuarant has those trades, fast food joints happen to be the worst. Let's face it, we want certain tastes, we want it quick and we want it quick.
That's not a recipe for optimal health.

The entire menu is filled with protein, carbohydrates, and fats. Those are nutrients. Maybe they pack less bang for the caloric buck but they're still nutrients. A trip to Sonic won't kill you. Eating there often isn't optimal. One trip or a few trips throughout your lifetime isn't a big deal ESPECIALLY if you keep yourself in good physical condition and health.

doubtfull24

Really? We must've gotten in the line at the right time. We pulled up in the line for the stalls at 8:25 and we pulled into a stall at 9:05 PM. 40 mins wait ain't bad when they told us it could be over an hour wait. 9:30 is about when we got our food too. We totally expected that too. It's opening day for crying out loud. I did see that they stopped allowing cars in the drive-thru lines some time after 9PM. They might normally stay open til midnight or whatever but maybe for opening day they all couldn't handle anymore? :shrug:

It took us about 10 mins to order though... was trying to ask the kid for 2 mini salted caramel shakes.

"Can I get 2 mini salted caramel shakes"
"chocolate shakes?"
"salted caramel"
"so chocolate and caramel?"
"SALTed caramel"
"chocolate and caramel?"
"Nope. SAL-TED caramel"
"MALTED caramel?"
"salted with an 'S' caramel"
"malted caramel....can't find that"
:banghead:
"hun...I'm staring at the ad on this speaker for a salted caramel shake. I'm saying SSSSSSSSS-AAALLLLTT-ed caramel"
"chocolate..........? or just caramel?"
"salted caramel......S..A..L..T...salted caramel"
"MALTed chocolate?"
"SALT..hun...PLEASE...SALT.....S...A....L....T....like SALT and pepper"
"AHH. Found it." :doh:

He charged us for mediums and we wanted mini's. At that point I wasn't about to correct him, I needed the medium :lmao:

Kuddos on them for the set-up they had going. They actually planned and anticipated lines around the parking lot. Very helpful. LT and I figured there would be a line but we were impressed with how they kept things moving. Her monster got herself a nice vanilla cup and Maggie my pup enjoyed it with her. :drool:

We would have gotten threw 15 minutes before but 3 cars in front of us had issues with their order because they kept handing food back to the window and held up the line a long time. Some of the staff came out to bring food to the 2 cars in front of us because it was taking so long. I knew it was going to be a wait and wouldn't have minded at all except my 3 year old had decided he was done waiting and got upset. lol

Last edited:

doubtfull24

We took our boys there as a treat! We hardly ever go out to eat or even drive threw. My oldest son wanted a milkshake nothing wrong with having a treat every now and then. :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
At around 12:30 I found myself in that area and in need of a fizzy drink. "Oh!" I thought, "I could go to Sonic and have a diet cherry limeade! :yahoo:"

Then I shook off my delirium and got a Diet Coke at Wawa instead. I'll wait to hit Sonic when I know it won't be jam packed with humanity.