The new Sonic Drive-In

RPMDAD

At around 12:30 I found myself in that area and in need of a fizzy drink. "Oh!" I thought, "I could go to Sonic and have a diet cherry limeade! :yahoo:"

Then I shook off my delirium and got a Diet Coke at Wawa instead. I'll wait to hit Sonic when I know it won't be jam packed with humanity.

This sounds like you are starting to feel better, from the tonsil stuff. That is good news.

phobos512

When you look at the menu, in it's entirety, the consumer has to be very careful. The majority of the menu items are high in calories and in "bad things", while low in essential vitemins and minerals.
Every restuarant has those trades, fast food joints happen to be the worst. Let's face it, we want certain tastes, we want it quick and we want it quick.
That's not a recipe for optimal health.

That is true of any restaurant. That is true of most any prepackaged food item you can think of that isn't a bag of baby carrots. For example, some time ago people got it in their heads that "wraps" are healthy. Red Robin's got wraps. They have a 900 calorie, 60 grams of fat having BBQ chicken wrap that comes with cheese, ranch dressing and fried tortilla strips. But the picture just shows a nice green (it's green so it must be healthy) flour tortilla stuffed with what appears to be grilled chicken and tons of lettuce. On the other hand, I can go to McDonald's and order a Classic Grilled Chicken Sandwich, no mayo and it is only 250 calories. And I can get sliced apples as a side.

You need to take your preconceived notions of what is and isn't good for you and check them at the door whenever it comes to eating out, wherever you're eating out. It's just that simple.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
You need to take your preconceived notions of what is and isn't good for you and check them at the door whenever it comes to eating out, wherever you're eating out. It's just that simple.

I think one of the best things I ever did was download a nutrition app for my phone. This way I can look up stuff when I'm out to eat. A Sonic New York hot dog had less calories, only slightly more fat, and less carbs than the grilled chicken wrap, go figure. Oh and btw y'all, the diet cherry limeade is only 25 calories as opposed to the non-diet which is 225, and the taste isn't much different.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think one of the best things I ever did was download a nutrition app for my phone. This way I can look up stuff when I'm out to eat. A Sonic New York hot dog had less calories, only slightly more fat, and less carbs than the grilled chicken wrap, go figure. Oh and btw y'all, the diet cherry limeade is only 25 calories as opposed to the non-diet which is 225, and the taste isn't much different.

*like* It does pay to know this kind of information! Eating at a Sonic (or my favorite burger place - 5 Guys) once in while is not gonna kill anyone or clog the arteries. If you eat a LOT of fast food meals and lots of meals out - then yeah - it adds up.

I know the McD's can be cheap for a young family or when you have sports & activities - I have resisted the urge to stop "on the way" to many an event with my kids through the years. It took a lot of planning ahead and prep ahead to eat (mostly) healthy.