The new Sonic Drive-In

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My neighbors took off work this week so they could go to the new Dairy Queen in Charlotte Hall on July 1 and the new Sonic in LP City July 2. I plan to avoid both places for at least a month until the novelty wears off.

They burned vacation leave to go to a couple of fast food joints?

MMM_donuts

Damn rednecks! :cussing:

I haven't been to one in either state. But I recall the one in Annapolis has used skates, at least when I was there.

There are two in Johnson City, Tennessee, and they'be both located on very steep hills so they don't wear skates either.

Last edited:

phobos512

Damn rednecks! :cussing:

I haven't been to one in either state. But I recall the one in Annapolis has used skates, at least when I was there.

I think it's to the discretion of management. I've seen it both ways. I've seen it both ways even at the same Sonic.

bulldog

I drove by the Sonic shopping center (going south) at about 11:15. The number of cars backed up at the light to turn from NB 235 onto Buck Hewitt was crazy. I can't imagine what the wait was like at lunch today.

MMM_donuts

I'm glad that there are more businesses coming to the area but I think that's a terrible intersection and area of 235 to have it all.

That whole no left turn, raised median thing really blows my mind.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
They burned vacation leave to go to a couple of fast food joints?

I'm sure they took off due to July 4th on Friday but all they have talked about is the plan to hit both of those places. Whatever. They both have hundreds of hours of leave (govies).

DEEKAYPEE8569

You know who loooooves Sonic?

--> This girl <--

I can't wait! I'm excited about ocean waters and cherry limeades, cheesy tater tots, french toast sticks, and Butterfinger Blasts, the old fashioned music they play, and sitting outside with the windows rolled down! MMMMmmmm! I hope they wear roller skates!!

Just curious.....What is 'old fashioned music' IYO?

MMM_donuts

Went there today. Can confirm some wear roller skates, some wear roller blades, and some stick to go fasters. I really like their indoor/outdoor eating area.

RPMDAD

Ate at one, once in Salisbury, no roller skates or roller blades. Service was good though, food was pretty good, price was a little high. Sonster had a really big thing for the ice they use, think it is shaved or ultra chipped ice. Would definitely go to another one again. PS, don't eat fast food at all very often.

MMM_donuts

Was it everything you hoped and dreamed it would be? How busy?

Well, it wasn't too busy when we went there. There were tons and tons of eager-to-help employees so service was great.

I put my healthy and non-meat eating ethics to the side and had the cheezy bacon pretzel dog (hey, life's short). It was delicious. And I had a diet dr. pepper with a shot of vanilla at the recommendation of the cashier. That was quite tasty as well :) I looove their little, crunchy ices that they put in the drinks.