The party

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Vrai -

So what does it mean if you're *exactly* the same in real life as you are online?

I guess for me - I've been doing some kind of online thing for over ten years - way back when it was all Compuserve, Prodigy, Delphi, Genie and some weird start-up called America Online - and even before THAT, when we used 300 baud modems and dialed into BBS's.

I understand the nameless, faceless, online persona versus real life. It's just somewhere along the line it was just easier for me to be the way I actually am.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Frank
Vrai -

So what does it mean if you're *exactly* the same in real life as you are online?

It means you're okay with who you are and not afraid to speak your mind or be told you're full of sh*t. I tend to be outspoken and abrasive in real life but I don't have a problem with it - just the tender-feelinged people around me.
:lol:
And I also don't have a problem with others' outspokenness - I tend to go for people who tell it like it is, even if I don't feel the same way.

Frank, you're just the same in real life, as are Christy and Ken. Well, maybe not Ken - he's much nicer in the dirt world :lol:

K

KaZamm1061

Damn I missed what looks like to be a good party. Hey Sexy, What happened? Your not in your bikni. lol Anyway ive been in ohio since your party ill be back in town sunday. whos having the next party? Im there. Sorry i missed it. :(:cool: :eek:

zyrne

Originally posted by Barbra

I realize there are those in the forums that will never show their faces @ one of our gatherings. For as mean, insulting, antagonist, and childish certain people can be here, it is nothing more than their Internet personality. IRL, they are just small, insecure, low MEN on the totem poles of life type people. Quite frankly, I hope I never have the pleasure of meeting any of them.

And that folks, is my two cents for today. :lol: :duh:

Well, Gee....I hope you don't think that only MEN hide behind their internet personas!!!!:cool:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Barbra

Actually, there aren't very many women in the forums (that I'm aware of) that fit the "mean, insulting, antagonist, and childish" category.

I certainly don't consider myself any of those things. As in the forums, IRL I am just as outspoken, sarcastic, and short-tempered. IRL tho’, you can also get to know the pleasant, well-mannered, courteous person that I can be. :angel: For those of you that didn’t get to meet me @ the party, I know that must be hard to believe. :lol: :rolleyes:

Just saw the pictures, and now I'm really disappointed I missed it!
There were a LOT of hotties there!
:)
How about captions, though? With only a couple of exceptions, I don't know who's who!
And Barbra, you might as well out with it because you now have everyone wondering.
Just exactly WHO are you talking about???

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by jazz lady
Gee - sounds like it's time for a group hug and a round of "Kumbayah"... :lol:

:kiss:

I hate that song. Can we do "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" instead?
:D