The Paul Valliere thread on the COTH is almost as heated as the HYPP Thread.

W

WhoCares

I have not heard that name in a LONG time. My friend that I showed with took lessons from him down in RI. I am trying to remember the name of the farm that she took lessons from, but he was her trainer. She had a pony hunter name Dolittle. Beautiful dapple gray large pony.

IntegritysDream

ha wow that fourm is like a big train wreck, i have never heard tht story, but from what im reading he killed a horse on purpous?? for money?? what an @$$!! and hes still allowed to teach?! y didnt they take his barn licence away from him and auction off the property and let a horse trample all over him?!!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
fredsaid2 said:
Despicable people and despicable actions.....

Have you read the book Hot Blood?

No, I haven't read the book. Just reading the accounts was enough for me. Everyone involved should never be able to work with horses again. However, they are all still involved in some way.

Who Cares, the farm is Acres Wild Farm and he still has students out on the circuit. This is a Spin off from that other thread. http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=112970

I may be a hard A$$, but I find it hard to forgive or forget what all of them did to not only the one horse, but all the others!!

ID you did read correctly. They did kill for insurance money. I use to love watch both GLJr & BW ride. Now it just make me sick to think what they did to the horses.

IntegritysDream

uck how could any one want anything to do with them or who would even sell their horses to them to use for lessons or w.e or want to bored there or even want to take lessons or socialize with someone like that, i know id knee him in the b@ll$ if i saw him or crop my pony (he likes to kick at the whip when hes mad) and let him kick this dude in the face.

fredsaid2

The gist of the COTH thread is many people consider him an amazing instructor. He has the ability to produce winners and some people like to win. He coachs at shows via a cel phone from just off the property line. Those clients are willing to forgive and allow him to continue his business. Most everyone else would choose to train with another instructor regardless of the chance of winning. I personally don't see how a rider could trust their horse or themselves with him.

covekat

I was in on that thread... I met Paul while living in RI... his farm was Acres Wild, and he was a pompass jerk...using nice words... this was in the mid 80's...before his troubles... I was relieved that he passed on my two nice horses for sale!