The polls

Hijinx

They do have an outdoor pool, the indoor one was covered over to make the press room, which leaves me to believe the old pool is still there under the floor. Trump should put in a trap door and dump some of the reporters into the old hole for the pool when they ask stupid questions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They do have an outdoor pool, the indoor one was covered over to make the press room, which leaves me to believe the old pool is still there under the floor. Trump should put in a trap door and dump some of the reporters into the old hole for the pool when they ask stupid questions.

Make it a PPV and pay off that debt lickety split.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

A built-in oubliette. Cool!

Grumpy

Trump should put in a trap door and dump some of the reporters into the old hole for the pool when they ask stupid questions.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's an oversimplification. The RCP average had Hillary at 46.8% and Trump at 43.6% nationally. The final tally was 48.2% and 46.1%, respectively. Trump's victory was a result of 0.06% of the people who cast votes in that election. Because of our mostly winner-takes-all system at the state level, a small statistical variance can cause this kind of result. Even fivethirtyeight.com had Hillary at a 75% chance to win. That's a 1-in-4 chance that Trump will win, which is not small. The polls were accurate, but polls are statistical instruments. The result was less likely, but definitely statistically possible.
:killingme:killingme:killingme

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
My answer to the OP's question is: yes. Of those who vote for Biden some will be FOR Biden, but I suspect many (most?) will be FOR not Trump.

I think Trump wins in November, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't. And it will be America's loss if that happens (i.e., Trump loses).
Here's why I think so:

--- End of line (MCP)

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

22AcaciaAve

Yes, I do believe he can win. I said well before the democratic primary started that Biden was the candidate most well positioned to beat Trump, and nothing has changed. Oh, btw, Trump believes that as well. That's why he had his campaign people concentrating on Biden even when Biden wasn't looking all that good. The first thing that the far left and far right need to do is forget about their feelings about the other candidate. For some reason neither side can understand how anyone can vote for the moron on the opposite side. Well, the polarization of the electorate has made it perfectly clear that Barney Fife would be able to rally either base. So in order to assess the race, you need to only look at the numbers. About 40 states are already locked into their candidate. That leaves both candidates with just a little over 200 electoral votes guaranteed. And that's giving Ohio to Trump. If Ohio becomes winnable for Biden, Trump is in real trouble. The same is true with Florida. There are very few scenarios that Trump can win without Florida and Ohio. But the real battleground states are Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Biden is way more popular than Hillary was in Pennsylvania. I would be surprised if it didn't flip. Michigan is also leaning that way and Trump's threatening to withhold aid is not helping him there. If they both flip and the map remains basically the same as last time, the electoral race will be razor thin. Independents in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania gave Trump a very thin margin of victory in 2016. They may not feel the same way in 2020. Trump has a huge advantage in money so that is in his favor. He can dump tons of advertising into those states and it would probably do him well to focus on Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio. The rest of the country he will either likely win, or has no shot at.

There is also the prospect of a third party candidate that can divert votes from either candidate. That would likely hurt Biden more than Trump. Jill Stein took votes that would not have gone to Trump in the last election. At best they would have stayed home. A progressive independent candidate would go a long way to hurting Biden's candidacy. I don't see anyway a third party candidate would damage Trump.

SamSpade

I think you took me too literally, but I also may have not been clear enough. The question was about support for Biden. I first noticed Biden in 2004. I saw him on some program where he was talking about a plan to partition Iraq (or rather, un-partition it)

That wouldn't be the one where they split it up into three countries, would it? The three vilayets of Mosul, Baghdad and Basra?

I first noticed him in '88 when he embarrassed himself by plagiarizing speeches and claiming he graduated in the top half of his law school - when he placed 76th out of 85. That whole campaign was a disaster. Oh and mentioned marching in civil rights marches - which he never did. Stuff like that. Either a bad liar or just doesn't have a great grip on reality. Later during the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill debacle.

And some of these nuggets are pure gold - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/joe_biden_and_the_truth.html

I think he's gotten much worse over the last 12 years and the basement broadcasts show it - if elected, he will NOT be running the show.

Louise

That wouldn't be the one where they split it up into three countries, would it? The three vilayets of Mosul, Baghdad and Basra?

I first noticed him in '88 when he embarrassed himself by plagiarizing speeches and claiming he graduated in the top half of his law school - when he placed 76th out of 85. That whole campaign was a disaster. Oh and mentioned marching in civil rights marches - which he never did. Stuff like that. Either a bad liar or just doesn't have a great grip on reality. Later during the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill debacle.

And some of these nuggets are pure gold - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/joe_biden_and_the_truth.html

I think he's gotten much worse over the last 12 years and the basement broadcasts show it - if elected, he will NOT be running the show.

Exactly. So, if Biden wins he will, literally, be a puppet. Or, maybe, the day after his inauguration, he will be diagnosed unfit to be prez and the vp will become prez. God bless America, and all who bravely gave their lives to keep US free. I think they are all rolling in their graves.

herb749

Exactly. So, if Biden wins he will, literally, be a puppet. Or, maybe, the day after his inauguration, he will be diagnosed unfit to be prez and the vp will become prez. God bless America, and all who bravely gave their lives to keep US free. I think they are all rolling in their graves.

I believe his wife is not going to allow that to happen. He will be there until the party can convince her.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Here's why I think so:

--- End of line (MCP)

Shadi Hamid was only commenting on the story. The actual author was liberal journalist (and screwball) Katha Politt. I should have been clearer. Apologies to Hamid for making it seem he was the one interested in Biden boiling & eating babies. Here's the story with some additional Twitter reactions:

--- End of line (MCP)

PsyOps

Pixelated
Mail-in ballots, baby!

Perhaps. But remember California's 25th special election. They did mail-ins. When democrats realized that wasn't going to work, they opened some polling places at the last minute; and Mike Garcia still won - IN CALIFORNIA!