the principle of gender

dazed&fallen

fine artist
though i'm sure this will fly over the heads of most people on this forum, i think it is an important concept and if one person understands it, my efforts are not in vain. there is in the universe this issue of gender, not just in sexual terms, sex is just a physical manifestation of gender. Instead this word could be used to describe male and female forces. The sun is male, the earth is female etc, active vs. passive, yin and yang etc. There are older Gods than Yahweh. When he said "i am a jealous God" he sort of admitted that there were others. among them was his "mother" who's name was Sophia. Historically speaking the power in a community is held by men. therefor God is fashioned in the image of a man and women become subserviant. Realizing this, Catholics deified Mary and fabricated the story of her own virgin birth. Christ himself is said to have had a relationship with Mary Magdelene. The gospels state that he "cast seven demons from her" In her gospel that didn't make the canon(surprised?) she describes seven levels of being that precede a sort of spiritual enlightenment. In fact if Christ hadn't had such a relationship, some argue that he would not have been a complete human being, not knowing romantic love which can provide pain arguably worse than death. You see, theres a balance. when one begins to think of God as strictly a male authority, their worldview becomes inbalanced. Beyond any graven images fashioned in his likeness, God is best described as androgenious. Yahweh was a wrathful male deity, prepared to strike down all who opposed him. Christ changed all that not only bringing back the female element of compassion and forgiveness but making the Jewish teachings available to both Jews and Gentiles. From my experiences growing up in the Pentacostal church, I feel that too much emphasis is placed on God the father. It estranges people, myself included. After awhile I began to suspect that the views I was being taught had less to do with universal truth and more to do with the pastor recreating God in his own image. People always seem to use the old testament to validate their acts of violence even though the new testament teaches love and forgiveness. My point is at least get your story straight.

Toxick

Splat
dazed&fallen said:
though i'm sure this will fly over the heads of most people on this forum,

After reading this one line I care not one whit what follows after, you arrogant turd.

A small piece of friendly advice to you, however: The [ENTER] Key is your friend. Use it. Breaking your text into smaller chunks make your post much easier on the eyes, especially in electronic form.

If you can't be bothered to format your posts, I can't be bothered to read it. Especially when the first line is some condescending bullshit by a proven arrogant tard.

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
After reading this one line I care not one whit what follows after, you arrogant turd.
What he said. :yeahthat:

Although I'm sure it will fly right over dazed's head. :rolleyes:

Mikeinsmd

Toxick said:

A small piece of friendly advice to you, however: The [ENTER] Key is your friend. Use it. Breaking your text into smaller chunks make your post much easier on the eyes, especially in electronic form.

If you can't be bothered to format your posts, I can't be bothered to read it. Especially when the first line is some condescending bullshit by a proven arrogant tard.
:yeahthat: :clap: Glad I'm not the only one bothered by these types of Ppl.

Although this explains a lot!!

Birthday:
July 31, 1982
Biography:
ummm...i do art
Interests:
painting, poetry
intern

Last edited:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
Does anyone else get headaches when they read too many sentences that start in lower case?
That post was entirely too long. I'm glad it started with an insult so I didn't have to bother with it.

mrweb

Iron City
bresamil said:
Does anyone else get headaches when they read too many sentences that start in lower case?

Most things fly over my head if I have to read more than one unstructured sentence at a time. :blahblah:

Mikeinsmd

mrweb said:
Most things fly over my head if I have to read more than one unstructured sentence at a time. :blahblah:
This seems to be a common practice among the early 20's crowd (with a few exceptions). Is this what our schools are putting out?? :duh: