The Problem With Chinese Manufacturing

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Chinese Communist Party reportedly blocked U.S. manufacturers from exporting desperately needed personal protective equipment (PPE), which is used to protect medical workers, as the pandemic exploded, and now the Trump administration is weighing taking legal action against China.

The New York Post reported on Sunday, “Leading US manufacturers of medical safety gear told the White House that China prohibited them from exporting their products from the country as the coronavirus pandemic mounted – even as Beijing was trying to ‘corner the world market’ in personal protective equipment.”

“Executives from 3M and Honeywell told US officials that the Chinese government in January began blocking exports of N95 respirators, booties, gloves and other supplies produced by their factories in China,” The Post reported, according to a senior administration official. “China paid the manufacturers their standard wholesale rates, but prohibited the vital items from being sold to anyone else, the official said.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chin...-safety-gear-as-pandemic-exploded-report-says

Hijinx

Does anyone else see the irony in American companies who moved the manufacturing to China complaining thta they couldn't seel to anyone but China.

I sy to 3M "You M-F ers had no business running out on our country for your manufacturing in the first place."

Again: Trump was right America First. Bring our jobs back to America. Our dependence on the Chinese and other countries for necessities is wrong.
If we had to fight a war half the troops would be naked in a month.

On another note look at Italy. The Chinese bought their manufacturing and then sent Chinese workers to Italy to do the manufacturing.
How in the living phuck did Italy allow that to happen
I ask that---and then I look at my own country--we can't buy a ham or a lb. of bacon now that the Chinese own our pork producing companies.
Got damn. We need to make some serious changes when this thing is over.

Hijinx

I still haven't gotten an answer to my question about how many of these Chinese workers are dying.

Chris0nllyn

Does anyone else see the irony in American companies who moved the manufacturing to China complaining thta they couldn't seel to anyone but China.

They didn't "move" anything there. 3M has 40 manufacturing facilities all over the US.

Chris0nllyn

Obviously they did.....

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/plant-locations-us/

So the news people AND 3M are lying. Good to know.

It's safe to assume you're always being lied to.

Another fun fact regarding masks. Did you know the FDA actually had limits on the imports of masks. The FDA basically said, all you other countries have masks that aren't good enough so hospitals and healthcare workers, you can't buy masks from other countries.

They just issued new guidance saying it was okay to buy.

Chris0nllyn

so you do not believe in standards ?

I do believe in standards.

It's a good thing the foreign masks are equivalent to N95 masks produced by 3M.
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media...filtering-facepiece-respirator-classes-tb.pdf

No one said these masks were produced without meeting any standards, just that the standards in each of the other producers' home countries are equivalent to ours and don't require the typical 18+-month-long approval process by the FDA. Not to mention the FDA has suspended factory approvals at the moment, so if someone did want to meet our standards...they couldn't.

This is another pointless restriction put in place by government. Lucky for us, we're seeing plenty of these come to light and get reversed during this time. One can only hope we see the light when it's all over and recognize we don't need govt. as much as they think we do.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well the FDA IS the Problem .... there was something about a waiver for KN95 Masks

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Aging Population .... this is why Italy was hit so hard.
The Chinese have flocked to Italy. Most are business owners. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't financed by the Chinese government.