The Purge

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Problem with Liberal Fantasies about Restricting Free Speech

This is what happens when a columnist writes with great passion and doesn’t bother to look up the specifics of what he’s writing about.

Fox News, Fox Business Network, One America Network, and NewsMax TV are cable stations and do not broadcast over public airwaves. The Federal Communications Commission has little authority over cable channels. (The FCC might have a little more authority over Fox News Sunday and other news programs that carried by the Fox Broadcasting Company.) The Fairness Doctrine applied to broadcasters who used public airwaves. The FCC commissioners decided to revoke the Fairness Doctrine in 1987, a unanimous 4–0 decision involving two Republican commissioners and two Democratic commissioners. The FCC counsel concluded that the rule had become counterproductive, as broadcasters “had shied away from covering controversial issues in news, documentaries and editorial advertisements.”

After the decision, Floyd Abrams, a lawyer who specializes in First Amendment cases, told the New York Times, “This is the beginning of the end of Governmental control over the content of what appears on television.”

In short, Boot wants to reinstate government control over the content of what appears on television.

gemma_rae

Instead of dictating what audiences can watch, why doesn't CNN sue YouTube for having more popular content? Or outlaw computers, and then only computer outlaws will have computers.

Screw it, ban audiences and TV's too.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Comey: ‘The Republican Party Needs To Be Burned Down Or Changed’

Referencing the breach of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, Comey told The Guardian that the occurrence was so dire it required a 9/11 commission to examine it:
I was sickened to watch an attack on the literal and symbolic heart of our democracy, and, as a law enforcement person, I was angered. I am mystified and angry that Capitol Hill wasn’t defended. It’s a hill! If you wanted to defend it, you could defend it, and for some reason it was not defended. I think that’s a 9/11-size failure and we’re going to need a 9/11-type commission to understand it so that we don’t repeat it.

Comey blamed Trump for the Capitol riot, accusing him of having “attack[ed] the building from the outside to weaken its foundation” over the last five years. The Capitol Hill riot was ultimately Trump’s fault. The Republican Party, he said, needs to be “burned down or changed”:
The Republican party needs to be burned down or changed. Something is shifting and I’m hoping it’s the fault breaking apart, a break between the Trumpists and those people who want to try and build a responsible conservative party, because everybody should know that we need one. Who would want to be part of an organization that at its core is built on lies and racism and know-nothingism? It’s just not a healthy political organization.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CNN’s Alisyn Camerota Asks Biden’s Communications Director If ‘Right-Wing’ Networks Will Be Punished If They ‘Engage In Lies’

Camerota then continued to ask Bedingfield whether the Biden administration would retaliate or punish conservative outlets if they “engage in lies.”

“I heard that as a direct shot at some of the media companies that lied about the election results, we know who they are. They are right-wing companies, some are more fringe than others, at this point, or more extreme than others,” said Camerota.

“And so if they continue to engage in lies, something that he is trying to combat, what is your communication strategy, will you deny those networks any interviews, I mean, what happens if they revert to form immediately?”

[CLIP]

Bedingfield then continued to discuss the outlets Camerota alluded to.

“Now obviously, if media companies are willfully lying or are not carrying forth straightforward, honest information from the president when we make him available, or from administration officials when we make them available, then, of course, that’s something that we are going to think about and we’re going to factor in,” Bedingfield said.

“But our hope writ large is that we’re going to be able to use all sorts of creative platforms, that we’re going to be able to reach out in all sorts of ways to meet people where they are,” Bedingfield said as she returned to Biden’s message of “unity.”

Hs
Here Comes Persecution

Rep. Cory Bush (D-Mo.) tweeted, “This coup attempt is white supremacy in action. The Republican members who incited the attack on our U.S. Capitol by working to overturn the results of this election must be expelled from Congress.”
Similarly, Georgia’s Senator-elect Raphael Warnock, believes “President Trump and all those who had enabled him,” like Republican Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Josh Hawley of Missouri, “were willing to sacrifice the nation, sacrifice its most cherished ideals of democracy, the peaceful transition of power for their own personal ambition.” In a universe governed by Bush and Warnock, it’s not a giant leap from expulsion to prosecution for insurrection.

As for the rest of us, as Fox News’ Tucker Carlson explained earlier this week, “Wednesday’s riot is already being used as a pretext for an unprecedented crackdown on civil liberties. Just in the last several hours, we have heard people in positions of power demand that those who support Donald Trump should no longer be allowed to publish books or use the Internet or fly on airplanes. Driving cars, holding jobs, and staying in hotels will certainly be next and we’re barely exaggerating.”

And don’t think it won’t get worse or become targeted specifically at Christians. California Attorney General Xavier Becerra is President-elect Joe Biden’s choice to be secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS).

Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) Vice President Kristen Waggoner tweeted shortly after Biden’s choice of Becerra was confirmed that “ADF had to go all the way to the Supreme Court to stop Becerra from forcing religious pro-life pregnancy centers to advertise for abortions. He is an extremist who has no regard for conscience or protecting life. There’s nothing moderate about this pick. Nothing.”

With radical Democrats, who already have the House majority, about to take control of the presidency and the Senate as well, Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Bret Kavanaugh, Samuel Alito, and Amy Cohen Barrett may be the last line of defense against the coming persecution.
hahahahaha- you believe Tucker “I look constipated” Carlson??

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Professors Demand Publishers Refuse To Publish Books From Anyone Associated With Trump Administration

“As members of the writing and publishing community of the United States, we affirm that participation in the administration of Donald Trump must be considered a uniquely mitigating criterion for publishing houses when considering book deals,” the letter says.

“Consequently, we believe: No participant in an administration that caged children, performed involuntary surgeries on captive women, and scoffed at science as millions were infected with a deadly virus should be enriched by the almost rote largesse of a big book deal. And no one who incited, suborned, instigated, or otherwise supported the January 6, 2021 coup attempt should have their philosophies remunerated and disseminated through our beloved publishing houses,” it continues.

The letter then brings up “Son of Sam” laws, which were enacted in some states in the late 1970s following a belief that serial killer David Berkowitz, who called himself the “Son of Sam,” would profit by selling his story after he was caught. New York and a few other states have passed such laws and revised them after the Supreme Court ruled they were unconstitutional in 1991.

well they damn sure should not be publishing books from ANYONE in the Obama Administration

ah yes the Science where The Fauci has repeatedly LIED about the science

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden DHS Issues Domestic Terror Alert Warning of 'Objections' to 'Governmental Authority'

It stands to reason that federal law-enforcement agencies may be on edge after the breach of the Capitol on January 6, but Biden’s inauguration went off without a hitch. Threats may indeed exist, but the DHS domestic terrorism bulletin is chilling, considering recent moves that suggest Democrats are planning a new domestic “War on Terror” targeting conservatives.

“The Acting Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin due to a heightened threat environment across the United States, which DHS believes will persist in the weeks following the successful Presidential Inauguration,” reads the bulletin, issued at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time on Wednesday. “Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence.”

Not only has this movement ended, but the domestic terrorism bulletin comes in the wake of Biden’s extremely divisive executive orders. In his first week in office, Biden has signed dozens of executive orders on divisive issues like abortion, transgender activism, shutting down construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, and more. Millions of Americans have “objections” to this “exercise of governmental authority.” Does that make them domestic terror threats?

The terrorism bulletin also mentioned “perceived grievances fueled by false narratives.” Given Joe Biden’s refusal to consider arguments against climate alarmism, transgender activism, and abortion, it seems fair to say Biden would consider the job losses from shutting down the Keystone XL pipeline, fears that transgender orders will destroy women’s sports, and concerns that his abortion policy will enable the deaths of millions of unborn babies “perceived grievances fueled by false narratives.”

This terrorism bulletin will only exacerbate fears that Democrats intend to use efforts against domestic terror to target conservative dissent from the Left’s orthodoxy.

Last week, former CIA Director John Brennan warned against an “unholy alliance” including “religious extremists, authoritarians, fascists, bigots, racists, nativists, and even libertarians” that “looks very similar to insurgency movements that we’ve seen overseas.”

These remarks came amid leftist calls for “deprogramming,” “de-Baathification,” “re-educating,” and “reprogramming” the 75 million people who voted for Trump.

Even Democrat former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has vocally warned against leftists “who are trying to undermine our constitutionally-protected rights and turn our country into a police state with KGB-style surveillance.”

On the campaign trail, Biden said he plans to prioritize passing a law against domestic terrorism. His blatant double standard in vocally condemning the Capitol riots while coddling the antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who burned cities this past summer does not bode well for a balanced implementation of any terrorism law.

herb749

This is really coming down to the Republicans ( colonists ) vs the Democrats ( British, Tories ). All these rules are becoming taxation without representation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MSNBC’s Jason Johnson: Democrats Need to Say Republicans Are ‘Terrorists’

Discussing Greene, anchor Nicolle Wallace said, “This isn’t even about views. She’s a conspiracy theorist, committed the very same kinds of disinformation act that today the Department of Homeland Security warned against, in almost an unprecedented bulletin. She is what they are describing in the Homeland Security Department’s bulletin about the world views of potentially violent extremists who represent domestic terrorism. Those are the views that this congresswoman has.”

She continued, “I think what is revealed by the Senate vote this week, with 45 Republicans to not even hold a trial for the president who incited the insurrection, who had all of them had all of them hiding in their own offices with the furniture pushed up again the doors. What were they hiding for? If Donald Trump hadn’t incited a violent insurrection that they were scared about. Why weren’t they roaming the halls? If they weren’t afraid, why were they in offices with furniture pushed up against a door? And my only point about the opportunity that Democrats have is that they have today, this bulletin describes the threat, they describe the world view of the people who right now and through the end of April, in the views of the people at the Department of Homeland Security, the world view is the same word view as the views publicly espoused by the QAnon member of Congress.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Christian nationalism is a threat, and not just from Capitol attackers invoking Jesus

After a portion of the mob entered the Senate chamber on Jan. 6, a handful of men mounted the podium. One of them lifted his hands and cried out, “Jesus Christ, we invoke your name. Amen.” Then Jacob Chansley, sometimes called the "QAnon Shaman," took his bullhorn and announced gratitude to God for being able to “send a message to all the tyrants, the communists, and the globalists that this is our nation, not theirs.”Bare-chested to expose his white supremacist tattoos, he had paused briefly to remove his Viking-inspired horned headdress and cap — presumably to assume a properly humble posture as he claimed the United States for himself and his fellow-believers.

The violence was roundly condemned, if a bit mealy-mouthed in certain quarters. People spoke of the criminal threat against members of Congress, staffers and police. They lamented the violation of sacred civic space and democratic norms (the few we have left). Many were especially dismayed to find police, veterans and elected officials among the rioters — individuals who had taken oaths to serve and protect the nation.

🤣

The Q-Anon Shaman is a threat to National Security

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats Demand Parler Reveal Its Investors And Creditors

Citing “numerous Parler users” who have been “arrested and charged for their roles,” and claiming, “Parler reportedly allowed Russian disinformation to flourish on its platform prior to the November 2020 election,” Maloney continued: “Individuals with ties to the January 6 assault should not — and must not — be allowed to hide behind the veil of anonymity provided by shell companies. In addition, according to a recent press report, the ‘Trump Organization negotiated on behalf of then-president Donald Trump to make Parler his primary social network, but it had a condition: an ownership stake in return for joining.’ These negotiations reportedly occurred while President Trump was still in office, which experts have warned raise legal concerns regarding anti-bribery laws.”

Maloney then wrote that the committee wanted:
  1. A capitalization table showing individuals and entities with direct or indirect ownership interests in Parler, and a shareholder register maintained by you or any third-party on your behalf;
  2. A list of all individuals and entities who have or had any control over Parler;
  3. A list of Parler’s creditors which hold or held a debt of at least $10,000, including the type of debt funding, amount owed, maturity, and applicable interest rate;
  4. All agreements, including but not limited to consulting, service, or business agreements, that Parler has with any Russian individual or entity;
  5. All documents and communications referring or relating to proposed or completed financing, gifts, or investment in Parler directly or indirectly by any Russian individual or entity; and
  6. All documents and communications referring to relating to a proposal to provide President Donald Trump with an ownership stake in Parler.

And the Witch Continues

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Deloitte Pulls Funding From GOP, Donates Six Figures To Dems Who Called For Violence

Due to the Capitol mayhem on Jan. 6, multinational accounting corporation Deloitte LLP is among dozens of big companies claiming they’ll pull campaign contributions from Republicans because of those who voted against certifying the results of the 2020 presidential election.

It seems only fair to apply the same standard to virtue-signaling Deloitte concerning actual leftist calls for violence, and let you determine just how in bed with corporate America Democrats truly are.

“I happen to believe that it is one more in a long list of examples of an indefensible double standard,” Trump impeachment attorney David Schoen told The Federalist when asked about how corporations like Deloitte continue to fund Democrat politicians depicted calling for violence in a video Trump’s legal team prepared for his defense, while rescinding contributions over a riot Trump did not call for.

Deloitte released this statement after the Capitol breach.

Now is the time for the country to come together and facilitate a smooth transition to the Biden/Harris administration. We have suspended political contributions, we are evaluating all aspects of our political engagement strategy, and we will not support those who work to undermine the rule of law.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump Impeachment Attorney Canceled by Law School, Civil Rights Law Group

An attorney who represented President Donald Trump during the recent impeachment trial says a law school canceled a civil rights law course he was going to teach and he was suspended from a civil rights lawyer email discussion list.

“I was hoping to teach a civil rights course at a law school in the fall. We’ve been in talks about it, kind of planning it out. I wrote to them and I said, ‘I want you to know, I’m gonna be representing Donald Trump in the impeachment case. I don’t know if that impacts on your decision at all,’” David Schoen, one of the three attorneys who argued before the Senate, told The Epoch Times.

“And they said, you know, they appreciated my writing and, frankly, it would make some students and faculty uncomfortable, so I couldn’t do it.

Hijinx

“I was hoping to teach a civil rights course at a law school in the fall. We’ve been in talks about it, kind of planning it out. I wrote to them and I said, ‘I want you to know, I’m gonna be representing Donald Trump in the impeachment case. I don’t know if that impacts on your decision at all,’” David Schoen, one of the three attorneys who argued before the Senate, told The Epoch Times.

I guess he found out if it impacts their decision.
If you defend Donald Trump you don't have any Civil Rights.
Maybe when you do give your course---if you ever do--- you might add that to it

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats Target Hyatt Hotel For Hosting CPAC; Hyatt: Conservatives Have A Right To Express Their Views

Conservatives have the right to gather and peacefully express their views, Hyatt Hotels said Friday.

The hotel chain began facing blowback from left-wing activists last week for allowing this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) to be held at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando, Florida.

“We take pride in operating a highly inclusive environment and we believe that the facilitation of gatherings is a central element of what we do as a hospitality company,” a spokesperson for Hyatt told Fox Business.

“We believe in the right of individuals and organizations to peacefully express their views, independent of the degree to which the perspectives of those hosting meetings and events at our hotels align with ours,” the spokesperson said.