The Purge

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Maher Torches ‘Woke’ Culture: ‘This Is Called A Purge. It’s A Mentality That Belongs In Stalin’s Russia.’

Top lines from Maher’s segment on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” included:

• “The director of the opening ceremony was fired hours before the event because they found out there was a Holocaust joke at a comedy routine he did decades ago. … Why do we allow the people who just want to b***h to always win? Days before that firing, the opening ceremonies musical director, musical director, was also forced out because someone dug up an interview with him from 1994 where he admitted to bullying classmates as a child. As a child. Remember when your teacher used to try and scare you by saying this is going to go on your permanent record? Yeah, no longer an empty threat now.”
  • “And the creative director of the entire shebang of the whole Olympics got s**t canned because he once made a fat joke in a private conversation. This is called a purge. It’s a mentality that belongs in Stalin’s Russia. How bad does this atmosphere we are living in have to get before the people who say, ‘cancel culture is overblown,’ admit that is, in fact, an insanity that is swallowing up the world.”
  • “And that is not a conservative position, my friends. My politics have not changed but I am reacting to politics that have and this is yet another example of how the woke invert. The very thing that used to make liberals liberals. Snitches and b***hes, that’s not being liberal. The Associated Press is a real news organization, yeah? So why am I reading this headline, ‘Olympic surfing exposes whitewashed Native Hawaiian roots?’ Yeah, the Olympics added surfing this year, good, surfers deserve to be recognized as athletes. I’m sorry, what I meant to say is no, that’s cultural appropriation. … I must say of all the violations of the woke penal code, cultural appropriation just might be the dumbest of all. First of all, there are 25,000 islands in the Pacific. How do we know a Hawaiian was the first to stand on a board in the water? It seems like something anyone in any ocean would eventually get around to. And if you’re a surfer, it doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, or in between you all taste the same to sharks.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'Batman' Cartoonist Frank Miller Canceled From Comic Convention For 'Anti-Muslim Hate'

Comic book artist Frank Miller, whose credits include Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and Sin City, was all set to appear at the Thought Bubble Yorkshire Comic Art Festival this November in England; in fact, he was listed first among the luminaries who were set to attend. But now he has been dropped and the great minds behind Thought Bubble have apologized for ever inviting him, because, you see, he has committed an unpardonable sin: fifteen years ago, he wrote something that some people have taken as negative toward the Left’s favored religion, Islam.

[clip]

Miller was dropped after Zainab Akhtar, whom The Mix describes as an “award-winning cartoonist and small press publisher ShortBox founder,” said that she would “no longer be attending Thought Bubble festival this November” because Miller was set to be there. Akhtar explained: “As a proud Muslim woman, I cannot in good conscience attend a festival that deems it appropriate to invite and platform Frank Miller, a person who is responsible for the propagation of abhorrent anti-Muslim hate, particularly via his work.”

Akhtar added: “Anti-Muslim bigotry is repugnant and condemnable yet has become so deeply rooted, so widely accepted in society that it is not even given a cursory consideration, as evidenced once again in this situation. I cannot comprehend how time and time again, festivals and communities within comics espouse values regarding inclusivity, diversity, ‘comics being for everyone’, zero tolerance on hate, but all that lip-service evaporates when they are asked to enact those same values.” She complained that she “first contacted Thought Bubble about this privately, 8 weeks ago,” and that the comics mavens had told her that “action would be taken,” but nothing was done. Akhtar took this personally, claiming that “it’s been communicated to me that I am the acceptable loss: repercussions to my career/income over repercussions to theirs.”

All this sounds so heinous, it is remarkable that, as The Mix notes, “Akhtar does not cite any specific instances of anti-Muslim bigotry from Miller.” However, “it is assumed that she is referring to his creation of Holy Terror, a graphic novel in which an original character known as The Fixer sets out to battle Al-Qaeda.”

Yes, that’s right. The Fixer fights al-Qaeda, and that’s “abhorrent anti-Muslim hate.” When the “War on Terror” was young, we were constantly assured by the political and media elites that al-Qaeda had nothing, nothing whatsoever, to do with Islam, and that the war against terrorism was not and must not be construed as a war against Islam or Muslims. Very well. But if that was the case then, why is Zainab Akhtar and others now apparently behaving as if an attack on al-Qaeda constitutes hatred of Muslims?

The Mix points out that “many believed” that Holy Terror “depicted the religion of Islam, rather than the specific terrorist group of Al-Qaeda, as the book’s villain,” but makes no effort to explain why anyone got this idea. And that is suspicious in itself. I myself am frequently accused of being anti-Muslim, but the claim is false, baseless, and defamatory. It is no more anti-Muslim to oppose jihad violence than it was anti-German to oppose Nazism. And while Miller himself seems to have backed away from “Holy Terror,” he seems to have done so because of its “anger,” not because he agrees that it is “anti-Muslim”: “When I look at Holy Terror,” Miller said in 2018, “which I really don’t do all that often, I can really feel the anger ripple out of the pages. There are places where it is bloodthirsty beyond belief. I don’t want to go back and start erasing books I did. I don’t want to wipe out chapters of my own biography. But I’m not capable of that book again.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Vaccine And Mask Coercion Is A Purge Of Republican Voters, And Republicans Are Letting It Happen

Both private and public institutions are reinstituting counterproductive and ineffective COVID responses like masks due to another round of media-ginned fear about variants that are less dangerous than the original. Vaccine passports, mandates, and pressure are therefore surging again, with “learning” institutions that are really social conformity systems pushing experimental genetically based therapies, social restrictions, and face coverings, even on children who are at less risk from COVID and Delta than they are from the seasonal flu.

The COVID Threat Isn’t What People Are Being Told

As with the initial COVID outbreak, the mounting hysteria and pressure are far out of proportion to reality. Now, the vast majority of high-risk people have accepted experimental protections against COVID, death rates are low, we know of effective therapeutics for hard cases, and there is plenty of hospital capacity. Daily COVID deaths are now one-fourth the average daily deaths from heart disease and one-third the average daily deaths from cancer.

nytdeathsaug9.png

Source: New York Times dashboard, https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html.1

We have been promised “back to normal” for more than a year, and what we are instead getting is more of the same use of that promise to force us into harmful behaviors and social re-engineerings. Republicans are largely out to lunch on this, or worse, helping.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
PayPal, Like-Minded Companies Don’t Want Conservatives’ Money

The process starts with censorship, then moves to outright refusal to allow access to the rest of society. And the left has tested the waters on banning payments before.

In March, GoFundMe took down the donations page for a women’s rape crisis center in Vancouver, British Columbia, that had crowdfunded $7,000. The reason? It was started by “Super-Straight,” an internet community critical of transgenderism.

The implications of locking an entire political philosophy out of the financial system are staggering. Society cannot function when only one side of the aisle is allowed to participate.

There’s an old retort often used by leftists on the internet when those on the right bring up concerns with the encroaching tide of censorship and deplatforming: “Don’t like it? Build your own.”

But where does this chain of “building your own” end? Is it realistic to create two entirely different financial and social ecosystems based exclusively on politics? Should there be a conservative YouTube, funded by a conservative PayPal, powered by conservative electricity?
In a healthy society, no. But the current tech landscape does not afford conservatives that luxury.

Americans should support companies such as Rumble and Gettr that explicitly court conservatives spurned by other platforms. When given the choice between a business that actively attempts to eliminate your political philosophy and one that caters to it, it makes little sense to go with the former.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Patagonia Blacklists Wyoming Ski Resort After Owner Hosted GOP Fundraiser

Patagonia said last week that it would no longer sell products to the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort after one of its owners, Jay Kemmerer, hosted a fundraiser attended by current and former members of the House Freedom Caucus. GOP Reps. Jim Jordan (OH), and Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA) headlined the event along with Mark Meadows, former White House chief of staff under former President Donald Trump.

“Our really strong commitment to using both our business and our brand to advocate for our strong priorities” motivated the decision to cut ties, Patagonia’s head of communications and police Corley Kenna told WyoFile. “When there’s a misalignment on that, then we take action.”

Kenna later added to The Hill: “Those that know us in Jackson Hole are aware that we make business decisions and build relationships in alignment with our values and advocacy efforts. Just over a year ago, we stopped advertising on Facebook and Instagram over a year ago as part of our commitment to stop the spread of hate speech and misinformation on climate.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Chase Bank Closes Mike Flynn's Credit Card Accounts? Calls to Cancel 'Woke' Bank Surface

The letter stated, "Update: We are closing your credit cards. After careful consideration, we decided to close your credit cards on September 18, 2021 because continuing the relationship creates possible reputational risk to our company. You may receive additional account closing notifications if you other accounts under a different name or address."

"Chase Bank has gone full blown woke! They need to deal with their own reputation instead of persecuting my family and I. DOJ dropped my case for their own egregious government misconduct, appears you weren't that lucky with the DOJ. I guess my America First political views don't align with yours. Your loss " Flynn wrote on the social media platform, according to the outlet.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Left Doesn’t Just Want to Censor You on Social Media. It Also Wants to Close Your Bank Accounts.

In a tweet from July, author and business owner J.D. Vance states, “The next stage of deplatforming will be denying people access to the financial system. Second Amendment will mean little if Visa won’t let you buy ammunition.”

Vance is making an important point: If a person has the “wrong viewpoint,” the left will be coming for “your speech, your wallet, your ability to be a citizen in a digital environment.”

It hasn’t only been conservatives that have been censored, shadow banned, and suspended from online platforms. Certain content by any user that opposes or questions the left has been stifled, regardless of political or ideological view. Facebook and Twitter have especially taken part in this cancel culture behavior, most notably by kicking off former President Donald Trump.

The direction in which these tech companies are headed necessitates alternative digital payment services that will not deplatform users for their political views. Fortunately, conservative commentator Dan Bongino has stepped up to address this issue in the digital payment space.

Bongino recently announced the creation of AlignPay, a new platform that pledges to process the digital payments of organizations, regardless of their political beliefs. The launch of AlignPay highlights an important point: One of the most effective ways for conservatives to counter censorship is to develop, support, and promote alternative platforms, thereby providing users with greater choice.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
More designers condemn, cut ties with The Gaming Goat over white nationalist imagery in Kickstarter campaign

pic6376601.png

The campaign launched on September 7th and immediately began drawing ire from potential backers and the broader tabletop community due to one image that portrayed a frog seemingly making the “okay” hand signal, both of which have a history as a racist dogwhistle used by white nationalists, fascists and other hate groups.

The Anti-Defamation League has registered the hand sign as a hate symbol, which began in 2017 as a hoax on infamous message board 4chan. The users meant to co-opt a widely used and innocuous gesture to subtly gesture toward anti-Black and other bigoted sentiments, while use the excuse that it was just a joke as a shield against criticism. Pepe the Frog, originally created by comic artist Matt Furie, has a long and sordid history of use in similar internet circles, though efforts to reclaim the character are ongoing.

:lmao:

these people are pathological

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Man Who Got NY Woman Fired Over Dog Park Incident Has History Of Accusing People For Social Media Attention

It should be noted that Joseph has a history of accusing white people of racism over perceived insults. His Twitter account is full of random claims without evidence that white women have wronged him in some way. In one Tweet, he took a picture of his car and claimed a white woman approached him while he was looking for his keys to ask him why he was standing next to the car. In another tweet, Joseph called for protesters to “burn” down the Kenosha Police Department during the Black Lives Matter riots.

His allegations have caught media attention before, too. In 2020, Joseph and his family stayed at an Airbnb property and then claimed the house was full of “seemingly satanic items and stuff for witchcraft rituals,” including “imagery, candles, books, etc for rituals and what looked like devil worship.”

Motherboard participated in a video call with the owner of the house who walked them through the home and pointed out the items Joseph claimed were satanic. In reality, they were just “art books and kitschy objects.” The “ritualistic markings” on the basement floor were, in reality, just paint smudges.

Even the Church of Satan discredited Joseph’s claims, calling them “thrift store curiosities & hot topic kitsch, not evidence of satanic rituals.”

Another one of Joseph’s claims was against a white woman (white women appear to be his main targets) who took off her shoes on a flight and rested her feet – in socks – on the pull-out table. Joseph claimed a black person wouldn’t haven’t been able to get away with this and that the flight crew did nothing when he tried to alert them to her behavior, which he said made him “irate.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Professional Race Baiter’: Matt Walsh Blasts Democratic Activist For Getting Woman Fired Over Alleged ‘Racism’

Many others piled on criticism of Joseph for doxing Sarley and getting her fired from her job over the incident at the dog park.

“Our society has incentivized all the wrong behavior. He had a bad 2 min interaction with someone and his first thought is to try to make it go viral, track the person down, and get them fired from their job,” the popular conservative Twitter commentator known as AG said.

“You can barely tell what happened from that video, but because the guy has 100k followers and made an accusation, the other side won’t even matter. The girl has already been fired. This type of mob justice will get abused repeatedly and incentivized all the wrong behavior,” AG continued.

Critics slammed Bevy and Andersen as well for firing Sarley over Joseph’s complaint.

“If I worked for @BevyHQ I’d be job hunting right now. This is not the kind of employer you want to work for; one that will sacrifice you to a social media mob,” Ricochet editor Bethany Mandel tweeted.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The fake ‘your hood’ PC outrage might finally tip the scale against cancel culture

The familiar fracas ensued: Social-media mobs assembled, and quickly Sarley was fired from her job. But what happened next was a little different.
Joseph and Sarley’s boss, tech company CEO Derek Andersen, didn’t get a warm reception for his hair-trigger firing. Instead, a whole different social-media movement emerged, rightly calling out the cruelty and absurdity of Sarley’s fate.

And it wasn’t just the usual free-speech crowd. Even New York Times 1619 project leader Nikole Hannah-Jones, who could find racism in a box of Pop Tarts, tweeted, “This doesn’t sit right with me.”

Part of what made this example of a viral video leading to firing so galling was how obviously staged and intentional it appeared.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Vaccine Mandates as a way to Purge Right Leaning and Minorities from Urban Centers as workers move where there are no mandatyes

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
14 Democrat Attorneys General Demand Facebook Censor Dissidents More Than It Already Does

The attorneys general hailing from Connecticut, California, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia not only asked Facebook’s founder to reveal its internal censorship methods for dealing with “vaccine disinformation,” but also asked the Big Tech mogul to commit to deplatforming certain users for promoting “anti-vaccine content” and “activists.”

Facebook already has a long history of censoring, downplaying, and even removing content it doesn’t agree with but the attorneys general cited the complaints of Facebook “whistleblower” Frances Haugen, a Democrat activist who helped nuke the New York Post’s Hunter Biden story last October, as the reason to demand more action from Zuckerberg.

“How is vaccine content being scored for removal? Have political or public relations considerations been factored into the scoring system?” the letter asks. “The Wall Street Journal reported that hundreds of thousands of anti-vaccine comments have been viewed every day. What is Facebook’s protocol to address false and misleading vaccine content that appears in the ‘comments’ section of posts?”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

One of the primary topics of our report was the authoritarian tactic that is typically used to justify governmental attacks on those who report news and disseminate information: namely, to decree that the target is not a real journalist and therefore has no entitlement to claim the First Amendment guarantee of a free press.

This not-a-real-journalist tactic was and remains the primary theory used by those who justify the ongoing attempt to imprison Julian Assange. In demanding Assange's prosecution under the Espionage Act, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) wrote in The Wall Street Journal thatMr. Assange claims to be a journalist and would no doubt rely on the First Amendment to defend his actions.” Yet the five-term Senator insisted: "but he is no journalist: He is an agitator intent on damaging our government, whose policies he happens to disagree with, regardless of who gets hurt.”

This not-a-real-journalist slogan was also the one used by both the CIA and the corporate media against myself and my colleagues in both the Snowden reporting we did in 2013, as well as the failed attempt to criminally prosecute me in 2020 for the year-long Brazil exposés we did: punishing them is not an attack on press freedom because they are not journalists and what they did is not journalism.

What is most striking about this weapon is that — like the campaign to agitate for more censorship — it is led by journalists. It is the corporate media that most aggressively insists that those who are independent, those who are outsiders, those who do not submit to their institutional structures are not real journalists the way they are, and thus are not entitled to the protections of the First Amendment. In order to create a framework to deny Project Veritas's status as journalists, The New York Times claimed last week that anyone who uses undercover investigations (as Veritas does) is automatically a non-journalist because that entails lying — even though, just two years earlier, the same paper heralded numerous news outlets such as Al Jazeera and Mother Jones for using undercover investigations to accomplish what they called "compelling” reporting.