The re opening of churches

dan0623_2000

My dad is 99 yrs old and has been a faithful Catholic all his life and until the Corna virus hit the big time he visited our mom everyday at the nursing home. It wwas very hard for him to adjust to not being able to visit mom and to not attend church services. During this lock down he has had to miss being with mom on her birthday and also on thier 75th wedding anniversary. He was really getting down. Yesterday I took him to church and afterwards his disposition was greatly improved. Maybe some of us "younguns" don't realize it but religion is a very important part of peoples lives and they need the church services.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Ours is opening next Sunday. It will be outdoors. You can either stay in your car or bring chairs to sit in the parking lot. They will broadcast the service over the car's radio.

ginwoman

My dad is 99 yrs old and has been a faithful Catholic all his life and until the Corna virus hit the big time he visited our mom everyday at the nursing home. It wwas very hard for him to adjust to not being able to visit mom and to not attend church services. During this lock down he has had to miss being with mom on her birthday and also on thier 75th wedding anniversary. He was really getting down. Yesterday I took him to church and afterwards his disposition was greatly improved. Maybe some of us "younguns" don't realize it but religion is a very important part of peoples lives and they need the church services.
I hope he will be able to visit your mom very soon

Hijinx

I have a feeling that Church's are going to have a problem getting people to come back.

As for visiting at te hospital , not allowing people to visit is BS.
Certainly every Tom Dick, and Harry doesn't need to be allowed in but Siblings and Husband's or Wives should be allowed to visit.
It's bad enough being sick without feeling abandoned.