The REAL Open

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Can Sergio win a major? He plays lights out for 3 rounds and then his wobbly putter shows back up. But in his defense he has been using that putter for only one week.

Props to Harrington, he gutted it out after a double on 18 (72nd hole) to win the 4 hole. ABC made DAMN sure you did not forget about Van deVelde in '99 and that plummet into golf obscurity.

Why would anyone think of taking a 2I out of the hay at Carnoustie? Especially when you have a 2 shot lead? But you cannot argue with 10 birdies in one round unless you want to point to the fact that it was either a birdie or a bogey, or DB...no pars. When he pulled the 2 the first thing that popped into my head was Kevin Costner in "Tin Cup" wailing away with a 3W.

I am officially jumping on the "Tiger may be overrated bandwagon". He was pretty much a non contender all day but the cameras did stay glued to him. I think he needs to have more fun while he's playing, hell it's not like he needs the money if he loses.

Otter

Nothing to see here
kom526 said:
Can Sergio win a major? He plays lights out for 3 rounds and then his wobbly putter shows back up. But in his defense he has been using that putter for only one week.

Props to Harrington, he gutted it out after a double on 18 (72nd hole) to win the 4 hole. ABC made DAMN sure you did not forget about Van deVelde in '99 and that plummet into golf obscurity.

Why would anyone think of taking a 2I out of the hay at Carnoustie? Especially when you have a 2 shot lead? But you cannot argue with 10 birdies in one round unless you want to point to the fact that it was either a birdie or a bogey, or DB...no pars. When he pulled the 2 the first thing that popped into my head was Kevin Costner in "Tin Cup" wailing away with a 3W.

I am officially jumping on the "Tiger may be overrated bandwagon". He was pretty much a non contender all day but the cameras did stay glued to him. I think he needs to have more fun while he's playing, hell it's not like he needs the money if he loses.

I don't particularly like Tiger..but there is no one close to his level in the long run. If they played a 10 round tourney, I'd bet the ranch on Tiger.

slotted

otter said:
I don't particularly like Tiger..but there is no one close to his level in the long run. If they played a 10 round tourney, I'd bet the ranch on Tiger.

Woods was a non contender in his own tourney... Maybe the pressure and fatherhood isn't working out for him. Granted.... I play 100 times worse than him, but he's definely overhyped.

I can't see how any of them can play so well. Under that pressure, forget about it.