THE real OPEN

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Tiger fires a 65 as does Chris DiMarco. Woods -12 DiMarco -9. TNT has 5 more hours of coverage this am.

Big surprise of the Open...David Duval (remember him?) makes the cut @ -4. Good for him!:yay:

Shot of the day so far...Tiger (figures right?) eagle 2 on 14 from 204 yds.

kom526

Update: Sergio Garcia is charging, it looks like he remembered how to putt. -7 so far still on the front 9.

New shot of the day: Jim Furyk takes a putter out of a pot bunkker, runs it to 6 feet and saves par.

This course is going to give up a 64 today.

Just for Vrai: Freddy's back went out on him in the driving range this am. He won't be playing this weekend...

Last edited:

CandyRain

kom526 said:
Update: Sergio Garcia is charging, it looks like he remembered how to putt. -7 so far still on the front 9.

New shot of the day: Jim Furyk takes a putter out of a pot bunkker, runs it to 6 feet and saves par.

This course is going to give up a 64 today.

Just for Vrai: Freddy's back went out on him in the driving range this am. He won't be playing this weekend...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060721/ap_on_sp_go_su/glf_british_open_35

Tiger has the lead :yahoo: If only I were a blonde haired, blue eyed, aryan.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is simply...

...stunning in this 350 yard drive and a wedge day and age to watch someone take iron off of every tee and just stripe 4 and 5 irons for four straight days. With blades. On a course where the ball could go anywhere.

Any questions as to how Tiger would have fared against Jack back in the pre nuclear weapons day is officially put to rest.

WOW.

kom526

I was really pulling for DiMarco on days 3 & 4, I think he's a real gamer. He definitely earned his spot for the Ryder Cup team. Sergio "El Chokarino" Garcia let the pressure get to him, unfulfilled promises there.

There is no way Tiger was going to lose this thing, the ending was pretty anti climatic but I could not turn it off. This was the greatest show of golf skill I have ever seen. The tears at the end was a sign to the world that he is indeed a human.

Nupe2

How soon before he catches Jack? I think he could do it in two years but more likely 3 or 4.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's got 11...

Nupe2 said:
How soon before he catches Jack? I think he could do it in two years but more likely 3 or 4.

...starting with the Masters in 1997, so, 10 seasons, an average of about 1 a year.

Jack has 18 professional majors along with a stunning 22 or so runner up finishes.

Tiger is 31. Jack won his last at 46. Figure with the modern game and health and fitness, Tiger is good, ability and health wise, to 46, at least. Maybe even 50.

Tiger is going to likely have kids at some point. His priorities will evolve.

It would seem likely, with the ebb and flow of life that, maybe Tiger continues to average 1 a year for another decade, which is still phenominal. But, I think, as part of that average, will be droughts. I think he is going to set his sights on winning all four in one calender year and, if he does it or not, he may drop off for awhile.

8 majors in the next 12, which would be three years, is mind bending. I think it takes him 8-10 years.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...starting with the Masters in 1997, so, 10 seasons, an average of about 1 a year.

Jack has 18 professional majors along with a stunning 22 or so runner up finishes.

Tiger is 31. Jack won his last at 46. Figure with the modern game and health and fitness, Tiger is good, ability and health wise, to 46, at least. Maybe even 50.

Tiger is going to likely have kids at some point. His priorities will evolve.

It would seem likely, with the ebb and flow of life that, maybe Tiger continues to average 1 a year for another decade, which is still phenominal. But, I think, as part of that average, will be droughts. I think he is going to set his sights on winning all four in one calender year and, if he does it or not, he may drop off for awhile.

8 majors in the next 12, which would be three years, is mind bending. I think it takes him 8-10 years.
After seeing his wife on TV the other day golf would be the last thing on my mind. :biggrin:

Nupe2

Ken King said:
After seeing his wife on TV the other day golf would be the last thing on my mind. :biggrin:

:yeahthat: to say nothing of the yacht, fine homes, moolah, etc. etc. etc. If I had all that I'd do nothing but.....play golf? :confused: