The Real Problem Causing Illegal Immigration

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:offtopic: I absolutely love the Happy Sappy Sapidus Comedy Hour.

I have it on ignore because the alternative is to become infuriated and want to slap its face like it deserves. Since I'm not a psychotic violent Democrat, I can move on and not let it get to me.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
She doesnt care that he has one set of rules publicly but a different one privately for him and his rich cronies. That is true of most other posters on here. They are incapable of admitting Trump is inept and they made a mistake voting for him.
Let me concentrate on just ^^^this^^^ for the moment.

You make three assumptions/state three opinions. Yet you wield them as if they were facts. Few people, in my experience, have any interest in biting when this happens (other than perhaps a return "eye poke").

Further, when one appears focused on making demands rather than having a discussion we have all the makings for a "party killer." And that's what we have here: you want people to admit "Trump is inept and they made a mistake voting for him."

But I suspect you're not going to get that from anyone because of the way you've structured your demand: there's nothing in it for anyone to engage with you. You haven't constructed your side of the "conversation" in a way that advances it in a positive way. You can't control how others respond, but you can control how you do.

FWIW

--- End of line (MCP)

transporter

Just to point out the stunningly obvious:

1. Illegals come here for work is not a debatable point.
  2. If you think coming here for "prosperity" is not equivalent to finding work, you might want to consider how one achieves prosperity without income.
  3. "They come here to sell drugs"....is just a stupid comment by a cult member.
  4. We have roughly 2 million more open jobs in this country than we do people currently looking for work. That problem doesn't solve itself without immigration.
  5. Employers are not held accountable for hiring illegals.
  6. Ivy League Lite's comments are, as usual, irrelevant. The food packing plants aren't govt contractors.
  7. Our current "crisis at the border" didn't exist until our current inept, incompetent and unfit President started declaring that he was going to close the border.
  8. This is a ridiculous topic...the answers to the problems are rather clear we need comprehensive immigration reform, we need to aid those countries that people are coming from, we need to punish the employers not just the illegals...it is not hard to figure this out. But it your only viewpoint is a purely partisan one, then nothing will ever get done...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
we need to aid those countries that people are coming from,

How? By killing their leaders and taking over their country? Because that's about the only thing that would do them any good. Sending the dictators money only results in rich dictators, and not one penny of it trickles down to the people.

I'd say intellectually you know that, but...well....

And PS, why is their problem our problem anyway? Want to help them? Trot your ass right on down and go for it.

"They come here to sell drugs"....is just a stupid comment by a cult member.

Ack-shully it's a well known fact. And if you refuse to believe it, guess that makes you the cult member, eh?

Our current "crisis at the border" didn't exist until our current inept, incompetent and unfit President started declaring that he was going to close the border.

This is just a flat out lie. Barack Obama is on video numerous times saying that we have a border crisis, and so are Chuckie and Nancy. This was LONG before Trump even declared his candidacy.

And now back on ignore you go! Run along, little pootercake!

Sapidus

How? By killing their leaders and taking over their country? Because that's about the only thing that would do them any good. Sending the dictators money only results in rich dictators, and not one penny of it trickles down to the people.

I'd say intellectually you know that, but...well....

And PS, why is their problem our problem anyway? Want to help them? Trot your ass right on down and go for it.

Ack-shully it's a well known fact. And if you refuse to believe it, guess that makes you the cult member, eh?

This is just a flat out lie. Barack Obama is on video numerous times saying that we have a border crisis, and so are Chuckie and Nancy. This was LONG before Trump even declared his candidacy.

And now back on ignore you go! Run along, little pootercake!

Perhaps you should do some research into the US’s role in installing helping to install these governments in these countries

This_person

The problem of illegal immigration will never be solved until we get to the real root of the problem.
So, you're saying our skirt is too short and we're flirting?

When do we put the responsibility on the people perpetrating the crime? Just because it's attractive here, no means no.

This_person

Perhaps you should do some research into the US’s role in installing helping to install these governments in these countries
So, you’re disagreeing with Tranny when he says US should force taxpayers to pay for what government thinks will help these other nations? We agree on this.

awpitt

Main Streeter
So, you're saying our skirt is too short and we're flirting?

When do we put the responsibility on the people perpetrating the crime? Just because it's attractive here, no means no.

Yes, we need to put the responsibility on ALL who perpetrate the crime. That includes those who trespass into our country AND those who hire them.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yes, we need to put the responsibility on ALL who perpetrate the crime. That includes those who trespass into our country AND those who hire them.

You might want to share that idea with the remainder of the leftist horde.

This_person

Okay, I think perhaps I misunderstood the thread title to imply one thing is responsible for the other. I would be vehemently opposed to that idea.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Okay, I think perhaps I misunderstood the thread title to imply one thing is responsible for the other. I would be vehemently opposed to that idea.

I agree. The point I was making in the OP is that our govt is ignoring one of the causes of the problem. That being the employers who hire the trespassers. There's no hope of solving the problem if only half of the problem is being addressed.

This_person

I agree. The point I was making in the OP is that our govt is ignoring one of the causes of the problem. That being the employers who hire the trespassers. There's no hope of solving the problem if only half of the problem is being addressed.
Fully agree. Though, I am not sure I would elevate hiring to half of the problem, that's really not the point. Hiring illegal aliens allows them comfort and support in the commission of their illegal behavior, and allows the employer to bypass many laws in place for the health and safety of employees, nearby residents, customers, and legal taxpayers. I can't imagine someone saying that they care about the illegal aliens who also would give them a job under such circumstances.

So, donors to politicians certainly don't want to lose their slave wages employees, left leaning politicians don't want to lose voters, and right leaning politicians don't want to lose their boogeyman.

If we want to boil down the problem with border security, my humble opinion offers the previous sentence.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
and allows the employer to bypass many laws in place for the health and safety of employees, nearby residents, customers, and legal taxpayers..

That's the part I just don't get. Feds and State be all over me like stink on poo if I had a bunch of cash employees that I paid under the table. I'd be in big trouble if I didn't have documents on file proving the eligibilty of every one to work in the US. Is that really what those companies are getting away with?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
......or you should. It's obvious that you have less than a clue about the current situation in those countries.

nutz

The laws are on the books. Are you 100% positive they are not being enforced?
The Immigration and Naturalization Act, as amended by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986, controls the entry of immigrants into the U.S. The IRCA governs the employment of aliens not lawfully admitted to the country. The IRCA also applies to all employers, regardless of the size of their business.
How many illegals are working in your neighborhood? What have you done to stem the flow?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The IRCA also applies to all employers, regardless of the size of their business.

Well, not really. If you're big enough to have, say, a Governor in your pocket you can get away with pretty much anything right out in the open.

It would be pretty easy to reduce illegal immigration dramatically in this country, but nobody (except for Trump on some level) has the stomach for it. When you make an adult decision, the children are going to cry and bitch and call you mean. You can either care about their immature feels, or you can go, "Yeah yeah.." and wave them away. And then there's the problem that our "lawmakers" are being paid off by the cartels....

If our politicians weren't so corrupt, we wouldn't have an illegal immigration problem.