The Real Sarah Palin

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Attention women: Sarah Palin will make abortions illegal, even for victims of rape and incest.... How would you like your daughter to be forced to give birth after being gang raped by a bunch of escaped convicts

Political positions

Main article: Political positions of Sarah Palin

Governor Palin

In 2002, while running for lieutenant governor, Palin called herself as "pro-life as any candidate can be."[26] She opposes abortion for rape and incest victims, supporting it only in cases where the mother's life is in danger.[87]

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
But mostly...

Attention women: Sarah Palin will make abortions illegal, even for victims of rape and incest.... How would you like your daughter to be forced to give birth after being gang raped by a bunch of escaped convicts

...she's got much better legs than anyone on the Democrat slate.

Attachments

• Palin in high school-thumb-425x640.jpg
    Palin in high school-thumb-425x640.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 87

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
And more, is she ready to send your sons and daughters to die for Big Oil?

Alaska Business Monthly: We've lost a lot of Alaska's military members to the war in Iraq. How do you feel about sending more troops into battle, as President Bush is suggesting?

Palin: I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq. I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe. Every life lost is such a tragedy. I am very, very proud of the troops we have in Alaska, those fighting overseas for our freedoms, and the families here who are making so many sacrifices.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:confused: how does the vice president overturn a supreme court ruling?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
.... Come to think about it....

They really don't have ANY.

:shrug:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Beguile and couth...

:confused: how does the vice president overturn a supreme court ruling?

...you silly boy.

Seriously: Did you expect The Idiot Left to think any deeper than the headline? You should know by now that these four MPDs are unable to think independently.

bcp

In My Opinion
first off, you need to learn about the powers and rights of those in each specific office of our government.
As Vice President, Sarah Palin will not have the ability to single handedly make abortion illegal. that is something that will have to be first sent through congress. Then I assume it will spend a good deal of time with the Supreme Court to insure its not stepping on any constitutional rights.

next, as far as sending off the sons and daughters to Iraq, in the first place, obama will have little choice in doing that until the troops are totally pulled out, in the second place, Palins son is going over to Iraq in a month or so. I thought the biggest problem for the dems was that those doing the sending always seemed to fail to send their own children... or was that just another empty smokescreen that the dems use for their slanderous ways.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Apparently a flip flopper... She was for the "Bridge to Nowhere" before she found it politically advantageous to be against it.... Wasting your federal tax dollars....

The bridge, a span from the city to Gravina Island, home to only a few dozen people, secured a $223 million earmark in 2005. The pricey designation raised a furor and critics, including McCain, used the bridge as an example of wasteful federal spending on politicians' pet projects.

When she was running for governor in 2006, Palin said she was insulted by the term "bridge to nowhere," according to Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein, a Democrat, and Mike Elerding, a Republican who was Palin's campaign coordinator in the southeast Alaska city.

"People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' ... and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting," Weinstein said.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
If anything ever looked like Affirmative Action, McCains pick is definitely it...

It's funny to watch the Republicans be exposed for the hypocrites they are.

Maureen Dowd

Americans, suspicious that the Obamas have benefited from affirmative action without being properly grateful, and skeptical that Michelle really likes “The Brady Bunch” and “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” reject the 47-year-old black contender as too uppity and untested.

Instead, they embrace 72-year-old John McCain and 44-year-old Sarah Palin, whose average age is 58, a mere two years older than the average age of the Obama-Biden ticket. Enthusiastic Republicans don’t see the choice of Palin as affirmative action, despite her thin résumé and gaping absence of foreign policy knowledge, because they expect Republicans to put an underqualified “babe,” as Rush Limbaugh calls her, on the ticket. They have a tradition of nominating fun, bantamweight cheerleaders from the West, like the previous Miss Congeniality types Dan Quayle and W., and then letting them learn on the job. So they crash into the globe a few times while they’re learning to drive, what’s the big deal?

bcp

In My Opinion
Heh, can you imagine her trying to stare down Vladimir Putin???
hey, I thought the dems were all for negotiating. When trying to reach common ground and walk away with a mutual and benificial agreement, staring down the opponent is not a good way to go about things.

we need someone with common sense, not the ability to stare down anyone that crosses them.

and here I thought the dems wanted lasting peace.
silly me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If anything ever looked like Affirmative Action, McCains pick is definitely it...

It's funny to watch the Republicans be exposed for the hypocrites they are.

Maureen Dowd

Americans, suspicious that the Obamas have benefited from affirmative action without being properly grateful, and skeptical that Michelle really likes “The Brady Bunch” and “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” reject the 47-year-old black contender as too uppity and untested.

Instead, they embrace 72-year-old John McCain and 44-year-old Sarah Palin, whose average age is 58, a mere two years older than the average age of the Obama-Biden ticket. Enthusiastic Republicans don’t see the choice of Palin as affirmative action, despite her thin résumé and gaping absence of foreign policy knowledge, because they expect Republicans to put an underqualified “babe,” as Rush Limbaugh calls her, on the ticket. They have a tradition of nominating fun, bantamweight cheerleaders from the West, like the previous Miss Congeniality types Dan Quayle and W., and then letting them learn on the job. So they crash into the globe a few times while they’re learning to drive, what’s the big deal?

Oh, so it's okay for the Obamas (and everyone else on the left) to use it but not anyone on the right?

Now, exactly who are you calling hypocrites?

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Another Clinton 'sniper' hunt moment???

So the Republican’s Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin has visited Ireland - this is listed as part of her foreign travel experience. She only got a passport last year and visited US troops (Alaskan National Guard) in Kuwait and Germany.

Two words to describe that visit to Ireland I think.

SHANNON STOPOVER! *

I could of course be wrong and Governor Palin was over to find her roots?? More as I get it.

*For US readers the Shannon Stopover refers to planes landing at Shannon Airport to refuel when on their way to and from parts of Europe/Middle East. Shannon Airport sees many US Military and contractor flights arrive there each month for refueling - passengers get off the plane for a while and then get back on again. Hardly a visit to Ireland?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Another Clinton 'sniper' hunt moment???

So the Republican’s Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin has visited Ireland - this is listed as part of her foreign travel experience. She only got a passport last year and visited US troops (Alaskan National Guard) in Kuwait and Germany.

Two words to describe that visit to Ireland I think.

SHANNON STOPOVER! *

I could of course be wrong and Governor Palin was over to find her roots?? More as I get it.

*For US readers the Shannon Stopover refers to planes landing at Shannon Airport to refuel when on their way to and from parts of Europe/Middle East. Shannon Airport sees many US Military and contractor flights arrive there each month for refueling - passengers get off the plane for a while and then get back on again. Hardly a visit to Ireland?

Well then, it seem no matter who gets in the WH there's going to be a lot OJT going on now doesn't it?

:pete: