the real week 16

thedoug

typo last week, it was only week 15, so here is the real week 16. Congratulations on making it this far, hopefully I have been of assistance this year in making your team better. Most leagueas are playing for the championship this week, if so, good luck. For tonight's game:

C Taylor, T Taylor, and Robinson should all be low starters. All three are probable for tonight which means they will play against a horrible Green Bay defense.

Favre, Driver, and T Jackson (making his first start), should all be low number two's. Favre is bad with the two things MIN is good at, INTs and sacks. This hurts Driver as well, who should play in most leagues. Even though Jackson is making his first start he has two things going for him: He's playing Green Bay's horrible pass D and this is the year of the first time starters and backups.

Anyone else is not even worth playing. MIN's D is too tough to rely on Ahman Green, Troy Williamson and Mewelde Moore have the potential to have a big games but have been unreliable for fantasy this year. In leagues with the W/R and W/T options, these two could be played.

thedoug

Alright here we go, with so many teams still fighting for the playoffs we should see some good games this weekend. As we go from holiday craziness and cleaning to football craziness and beer drinking, good luck.

QBs you gotta play:

Peyton
Brees

QBs you should play:

Rivers
Garcia
Romo
Bulger
Palmer
Smith
Weinke
Cutler
Lienert
Losman
Anderson
Kitna

QBs you shouldn't play:

Hasselbeck
Harrington
Brooks
McNair
Pennington
Eli
Ben
Brady
Young
Campbell
Vick
Garrard
Grossman
Griese

Do not play:

Green
Carr
Gradkowski

This is all based on stats. Stats aside I have a feeling that Brady will have a huge day, Ben and Vick should have good days, and Weinke won't do so well. Also to keep in mind, the Bears have already clinched homefield throughout. While their normal starters will see some time, they won't rick getting hurt.

RBs you gotta play:

Tiki
LJ
McGahee
Betts
Henry
LT

RBs you should play:

Rudi
Gore
Jackson
J Jones
M Barber
Pittman
Dayne
Jones-Drew
D Williams
R Bush
A Harris
Benson

RBs you shouldn't play:

T Bell
Edge
Dillon
S Morris
R Brown
Lewis
D Foster
McAllister
Addai
Dunn
Fargas
Westbrook
Alexander (although I would definitely risk it)

Don't play:

Parker
Any Jet RB
T Jones

I'll post the WRs tonight after the game. Don't play any from tonight's game.

Last edited by a moderator:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
What do you think about Turner in SD? I thinking that LT will get his touches (100 & 1 td) then they'll rest him and throw in Turner. LT already has a boat load of records so why risk him?:shrug: My hang up is with WR, Muhammad (CHI) or Branch (SEA vs SD).

I'm starting Leinart over Brady because I'm not jumping on the "Edge's" bandwagon after a couple of good games and I think Denny Green needs to show he has the tools to light up the board (and keep his job).

thedoug

kom526 said:
What do you think about Turner in SD? I thinking that LT will get his touches (100 & 1 td) then they'll rest him and throw in Turner. LT already has a boat load of records so why risk him?:shrug: My hang up is with WR, Muhammad (CHI) or Branch (SEA vs SD).

I'm starting Leinart over Brady because I'm not jumping on the "Edge's" bandwagon after a couple of good games and I think Denny Green needs to show he has the tools to light up the board (and keep his job).

The Bolts are still looking for the homefield throughout and even if Baltimore loses, they still need the win or tie to lock it. Turner is a risky call, he is likely to get some good touches, but it is also supposed to be raining in Seattle which won't help much. Branch is a less risky start with Muhammad having already clinched. Don't expect much though, Hackett, not Branch, is the one playing on the same side as Chargers DB Terrence Kiel, the weakest point of the Chargers D. I agree not to jump on Edge's bandwagon but I would play him over Turner. Lienert is more likely to have a big day against SF than Brady is in Jax, but SF is still going for a playoff spot, and Brady has proven he can put it on at any time.

Long story short, I would go Edge, Branch, and Lienert.

thedoug

And for the WRs:

Must play:

Harrison
Wayne
Colston
Battle
Smith
Walker
Evans

Unless you have all the guys listed above you should play:

V Jack
R Brown
TO
Glenn
Holt
Bruce
C Johnson
Housh
Keyshawn
Fitz
Boldin
Edwards
Roy Williams
Coles
Burress
Ward
S Moss

Risky but good:

Henderson
Copper
McCardell
Stallworth
Furrey
Hackett
Branch
Welker
Clayton
Cldwell
Jenkins
A Johnson

Bad risky:

Price
Reed
Jurevicions
Chambers
Mason
Cotchery
Holmes
Bennett
White
Re Williams
M Jones
Muhammad
Berrian
Galloway

N

nitwhit3286

Nestled in my basement, I play pirates and dragons. Its a good spin off version of dungeons and dragons. :)