The Rhythm Rascals

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
OK, here's a test to see who is a real So. Marylander.

I am researching So. Md. bands of yesteryear and would like to hear from anyone who was a fan of the Rhythm Rascals. Please tell me your stories about hearing them play in local venues, competing bands, the nightlife in that era, etc... Whatever is interesting.

If you don't want to post here, feel free to email me at 2007 (at) somd.us.

boatdoctor

in the engine room
Yes I heard Louis Knott and the rythm rascals several times growing up. Went to school and was freinds with some of his children. Man did they ever jam out for the time it was. They played local firehouse dances weddings and at Pennies bar. They were really good.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Boatdoctor, you have indeed proven yourself to be a true So. Md'er. Thanks for the feedback!

What were your favorite songs that they used to play? Also curious about the Firehouse dances. That seems to be a thing of years gone by, and I'm not sure why...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Hey, David, what timeframe are you looking at for your local band research?

When did the Rhythm Rascals play around here?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
Hey, David, what timeframe are you looking at for your local band research?

When did the Rhythm Rascals play around here?
Hey BG,
Stop the :buttkiss:

boatdoctor

in the engine room
The Rhythum Rascals did excellent Elvis, Tom Jones ,Gary Puckett and Jerry Lee Lewis. Firehouse dances were a blast- the best of times and miss them a lot . They proved to be good revenue for the local fire depts. but maybe nowadays liabilities outweigh the benefits???

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
DoWhat said:
Hey BG,
Stop the :buttkiss:
I have that on my list of New Year's resolutions, but since there are only a few more days left in 2006, I thought that I'd buttkiss for just a little bit longer. I hope that you don't mind. Heck, I'd even kiss your butt if you wanted me to. :biggrin:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BadGirl said:
I have that on my list of New Year's resolutions, but since there are only a few more days left in 2006, I thought that I'd buttkiss for just a little bit longer. I hope that you don't mind. Heck, I'd even kiss your butt if you wanted me to. :biggrin:
Can itsbob come fix my clutch?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
BS Gal said:
Can itsbob come fix my clutch?
He just put on new brake pads and a new rear tired today on his bike, AND put up my new mailbox. He may have time tomorrow to do your clutch AFTER he completes my Saturday "To Do" list. I'll let him know to contact you.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BadGirl said:
What's wrong with your clutch, BS?
When you pull it in, and I don't have the brake on, it wants to keep going. Hubby adjusted it, but that didn't work. I have a hard time with it, because it is my new big bike and I really need to be confident that when I have the clutch in, I can let off the brake and the friggin bike won't move. It is hard to get into neutral, or else I could handle it. Not an issue for an experienced rider, but for me.....it could be a major stall and then the fall-over. He wants to sell it, I want to keep it to learn how to ride it. Hubby is really good on working on things, but he is not feeling well enough right now to tear it apart.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
DoWhat said:
No. Like I said, I was just going to "look" at it.
You can come "look" at it. You can also take it for a ride. No charge. Do you work on motorcycles?

Can you do drywall?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
You're not talking about the bike anymore, are you? :shrug:
I don't think she is either.
You can come "look" at it. You can also take it for a ride. No charge.

She has a dirty mind, and wants anybody she can find to just "look" at it.

Last edited: