The shootings will continue until...

glhs837

Power with Control
Hell, I have no idea, but they will continue. Good thing MD hammers illegal gun possesion and such....... ohwaitnevermind

Always a good sign when they drive the victim to another location before calling it in.... wonder if this is related to the 30-something year old guy who was stabbed multiple times at WaWa last night......

Kinnakeet

Yeah for MD and the democrat gun laws they work so well as you can see maybe they should make up more laws because the ones in place work so well...
Gun laws only work on people that obey the law
Bad guys dont follow the law so they will always have guns and the good guys will always be the victim

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Must be a transition neighborhood.

It didn't seem that bad the last time I was down that way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You mean Westbury? During the daytime, it all looks fine.

14 years ago when I was buying a house I looked at one in Westbury. It was a great house, perfect for my needs.....but it was in Westbury. The immediate neighbors were okay, but like two blocks away is the ghet-TO and those scumbags would roam through Westbury at night fighting in the streets and looking for something to steal.

The other shooting, though, is in that housing development across Chancellor's Run from where I used to live. I can't remember the name of it, but it's nice homes that were built in the late 90s-ish. That whole area of Great Mills is becoming a shithole.

glhs837

Power with Control
14 years ago when I was buying a house I looked at one in Westbury. It was a great house, perfect for my needs.....but it was in Westbury. The immediate neighbors were okay, but like two blocks away is the ghet-TO and those scumbags would roam through Westbury at night fighting in the streets and looking for something to steal.

The other shooting, though, is in that housing development across Chancellor's Run from where I used to live. I can't remember the name of it, but it's nice homes that were built in the late 90s-ish. That whole area of Great Mills is becoming a shithole.

Super smart engineer type that led my team for a couple years lived there, he hadnt didnt have the knowledge you do. But keep in mind, that victim wasnt shot in Westbury, but in that apartment complex behind/next to CVS. Not that Westbury, both north and south, dont have their share of shootings.

Now, Mojave and Coronado, that's not in that "nice" subdivision. You are thinking of the one with all the streets named after ships, Frigate and CLipper and such. Which is less nice these days, but still nicer than Mojave and Coronado, which was built in the 70s and is all lower income type stuff. Tubman/Douglas Estates, I think.

Kinnakeet

Super smart engineer type that led my team for a couple years lived there, he hadnt didnt have the knowledge you do. But keep in mind, that victim wasnt shot in Westbury, but in that apartment complex behind/next to CVS. Not that Westbury, both north and south, dont have their share of shootings.

Now, Mojave and Coronado, that's not in that "nice" subdivision. You are thinking of the one with all the streets named after ships, Frigate and CLipper and such. Which is less nice these days, but still nicer than Mojave and Coronado, which was built in the 70s and is all lower income type stuff. Tubman/Douglas Estates, I think.
Democrat ran housing always brings in the free crap crowd along with murder and mayhem

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I didn't know that - I thought the whole section was that subdivision. :yay:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Heard's Estates is a nice subdivision. Tubman Estates is where people go who can't afford to live in San Souci or the Essex neighborhood of LP.

glhs837

Power with Control
Heard's Estates is a nice subdivision. Tubman Estates is where people go who can't afford to live in San Souci or the Essex neighborhood of LP.

Wife and I racked our brains for that name, Heards. Lived 1/2 mile away for years...

Clem72

If I may ...

Here ya go. Click on the top left "show map labels" then zoom into the area in question. This map says it all.

Oh, and class? Ya might want to save this map for future trips or possible future moves. Just say'in.
When do they update for 2020, a decade out of date is a lot. Also, I assume it stops the zoom-in where it does so you can't identify actual houses/residential roads?

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

When do they update for 2020, a decade out of date is a lot. Also, I assume it stops the zoom-in where it does so you can't identify actual houses/residential roads?
From their site,

"Would You Help Us?
We would like to produce a new racial dot map using 2020 census data, but in order to do that we must have funding. To compete for funding, we are asking map users to provide examples of how the map has been used and the ways in which it has had impact. Further, if you have suggestions for funding opportunities for the next map, we will be happy to pursue them."

As far as the zoom level, you are probably correct.

Though if you want to zoom in on houses or property in St. Mary's County, and who see owns them ...