The Strange Persistent Troubling Russian Hang-Up of Donald Trump

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I will ignore the hermetic sealing of Trump’s personality against decency, and resist the temptation to riff on Abraham Lincoln’s brooding portrait in the White House dining room above the buffoon in chief with his burgers, to ask a simple question: If President Donald Trump is a Russian asset, what would he be working to achieve?

The Strange Persistent Troubling Russian Hang-Up of Donald Trump

SamSpade

I get what the guys saying - but - I can't see that what he's doing makes things BETTER for Russians,
even if it's done unwittingly.

For example - if NATO breaks up, and Europe turns rightward, what is the most natural consequence
of that? Former NATO members building up their OWN military. Sure, it defuses the power of America
in Europe, but it totally energizes Europe RIGHT ON THEIR BORDER. If Europe started gearing their
own economy toward building their own military - to rival or match the U.S. - how in any way does
that help a Russia that depends on a quiescent Europe, buying its gas and oil?

I utterly disagree with the premise that the European Union - and NATO - has done anything to
further American interests. Largely it seems to me that NATO exists so that Europe can rest on their
heels and wait for the Americans to show up, so they can hold their hat and cloak. Seems to me we
get involved in all these problems, because our European friends refuse to lift a finger. What would
the world look like, if they all did it for themselves?