The Tudors

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
The Tudors is a ten-part mini-series on Showtime depicting the reign and marriages of King Henry VIII from the creator of the Academy Award-winning Elizabeth. It stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who won a Golden Globe for his performance as Elvis Presley in the 2005 CBS telefilm and co-starred in Match Point, Mission: Impossible III, and Vanity Fair. Jeremy Northam, Sam Neill, and Gabrielle Anwar also star.

I have no idea how faithful this mini-series is to historical fact, but it is highly entertaining and involving... a well-crafted ride offering a potent blend of violence, sexual tension, and political intrigue. It premieres April 1st at 10pm EST on Showtime. Episodes one and two can be watched in their entirety online herehttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758790/videosites.

Highly recommended.

Attachments

• TheTudorsShowtime.jpg
    TheTudorsShowtime.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Tudors1.jpg
    Tudors1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Tudors2.jpg
    Tudors2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Tudors3.jpg
    Tudors3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Tudors4.jpg
    Tudors4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I really wanted to watch, but we don't have Showtime and I wasn't going to pay for it just to watch one series. I'll definitely catch it when the first season hits DVD. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I know this is an old thread, but I just started watching this show on DVD and am HOOKED. :yay:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I know this is an old thread, but I just started watching this show on DVD and am HOOKED. :yay:

Thanks I was looking for something new to watch. This is perfect for me. :yay:

I just got a new stationary bike Friday and enjoy watching shows while peddling.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
As one who is well read on the era, and the Tudor monarchy, I can say without a doubt there is a great deal of artistic Liberty taken in production of this period program. To thei credit, that have made it more interesting. Not that it was needed, but they have created a program that will suck you in with intrigue, deciept, magnificent costume, and beautiful sets and surroundings.

If you like The Tudors, you'll love Outlander, on starz and Netflix.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
As one who is well read on the era, and the Tudor monarchy, I can say without a doubt there is a great deal of artistic Liberty taken in production of this period program. To thei credit, that have made it more interesting. Not that it was needed, but they have created a program that will suck you in with intrigue, deciept, magnificent costume, and beautiful sets and surroundings.

If you like The Tudors, you'll love Outlander, on starz and Netflix.

I figured there had been some poetic license taken, but the production itself is so opulent and the story so compelling I find myself immersed in the world they created.

I will definitely check Outlander out. Hopefully the first seasons are out on DVD as I don't have Starz or Netflix.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I figured there had been some poetic license taken, but the production itself is so opulent and the story so compelling I find myself immersed in the world they created.

I will definitely check Outlander out. Hopefully the first seasons are out on DVD as I don't have Starz or Netflix.

Yes. Season 1 parts 1 and 2, and season 2. I streamed it as soon as it was a available, the. Bought the DVD's as soon as I saw them in the store. Outlander is my new addiction. I've also read the 8 (soon to be 9) books. 2 or 3 times each. Really looking forward to number 9 in the Outlander series. There is also a John Gray series, one of the characters in Outlander. There is a new release I'm getting for Christmas-The Virgins. Whereas the Outlander series is mostly about, and through the eyes of Claire, The Virgins is a pre-qual about Jamie and Ian.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes. Season 1 parts 1 and 2, and season 2. I streamed it as soon as it was a available, the. Bought the DVD's as soon as I saw them in the store. Outlander is my new addiction. I've also read the 8 (soon to be 9) books. 2 or 3 times each. Really looking forward to number 9 in the Outlander series. There is also a John Gray series, one of the characters in Outlander. There is a new release I'm getting for Christmas-The Virgins. Whereas the Outlander series is mostly about, and through the eyes of Claire, The Virgins is a pre-qual about Jamie and Ian.

Thanks! I just reserved the first two seasons of Outlanders at the library and can hardly wait for them to come in. I am going to start on the books, too, once I finish the DVDs and also the other stories you mentioned. :yay: