The Vampire Diaries

Samantha22

GAY, GAY, and GAY. Such a play off of Twilight if I've ever seen one. Elaina=Bella, Stephen=Edward. Watched 5 minutes and that's it. They tried to hard to portray the characters just as Twilight

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
It's based on a book series that was published in 1991, so if anything Twilight copied The Vampire Diaries. That being said, it's on the CW so you can't expect much. :lmao:

ewashkow

Admittedly, I forced myself to watch the entire thing. I kept hoping that it would get better but it didn't. Ah well. Know not to watch it again next week.

Last good vampire show that was on was Angel. It ended in 2004 and so far, no other vamp based series has come close.

Samantha22

It's based on a book series that was published in 1991, so if anything Twilight copied The Vampire Diaries. That being said, it's on the CW so you can't expect much. :lmao:

Understandable, BUT really? It seemed to me as if they were really trying to act like the Twilight's characters. Seemed to much alike to me. The movie Twilight was okay but, it seems now since there was so much fuss over it, that there are more movies/tv shows that are one in the same. Ex: Jennifers Body, Vampire Diaries yady yada ya.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Understandable, BUT really? It seemed to me as if they were really trying to act like the Twilight's characters. Seemed to much alike to me. The movie Twilight was okay but, it seems now since there was so much fuss over it, that there are more movies/tv shows that are one in the same. Ex: Jennifers Body, Vampire Diaries yady yada ya.

I don't know - I watched the whole thing and the only similarity to Twilight I saw was that they were in high school. The characters and storylines were quite different. You can't blame them for trying to capitalize on a trend. Vampires are back in, so of course they're going to put it out there. And I don't think Jennifer's Body has anything to do with teenage angsty vampires. :lmao: