The Veterans Bar

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Four Navy chiefs are walking down a street, and notice a run down looking establishment, called Veterans Bar. Checking out the looks of the place, the four chiefs decide to give it a try. After entering the bar, and noticing the run down condition, they sit at one end of the bar, and order four martinis.

The crusty old bartender,whips up four martinis, shaken, not stirred, and delivers them to the chiefs. They taste them, and exclaim these are the best martinis they have ever had. When asked how much they owed, the bartender tells them forty cents. Thinking they had misunderstood what the bartender told them, he reinstated, "you owe me forty cents." So they pay up, order four more of the world class martinis, and again are charged only forty cents. They had to ask the bartender why the drinks were so inexpensive.

The bar tender explains "I'm a retired Master Chief Bosun Mate. My goal was to open up a bar for veterans or active duty that would have affordable prices. by not wasting money on looks or decor, I can charge an affordable price. By the way, I hit the lottery about 10 years ago for about $45 million, gave most of it away, and keep abit around for this bar, so I only charge 10 cents per drink - wine, beer, liquor - all the same price"

The chiefs hoist their martinis to the bartender, and then ask who the three men sitting at the other end of the bar are doing, just sitting there, and not drinking.

The bartender explains :Oh, those are three retired Marine Corp gunnery sergeants. They're just waiting for Happy Hour prices to kick in".

Last edited: