The Walking Dead

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Both threads have me intrigued :)lol:). Not normally a zombie fan, but the trailer did look cool, so I will have to check the series out.

hvp05

Zombies are kind of boring and blunt. Eating brains? C'mon. I find other undead entities - spectres, demons, vampires - and things like the lycanthropes to be more interesting. But, like I said, this new story could be worthwhile if it lives up to the trailer.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Eating brains? C'mon.
You're thinking of the 80's Return of the Living Dead and the subsequent failures. That's what happens when Hollywood grasps hold of a good idea and over-exposes it.:lol:

The idea itself is unrealistic and strange but it offers great drama and delves into the psychology and sociology of the situation at hand. The apocalyptic view always intrigues me.

thurley42

HY;FR
Zombies are kind of boring and blunt. Eating brains? C'mon. I find other undead entities - spectres, demons, vampires - and things like the lycanthropes to be more interesting. But, like I said, this new story could be worthwhile if it lives up to the trailer.

So what you are saying is you have a Twillight shirt? hahaha

BuddyLee

Football addict
So all zombies DON'T eat brains? :confused: :lol:
The best zombie films don't cater to that silly idea.:lol:

1968 - Night of the Living Dead
1978 - Dawn of the Dead (blue zombies; almost comical watching now)
1979 - Lucio Fulci's Zombie
1985 - Day of the Dead
2002 - 28 Days Later
2004 - Dawn of the Dead - remake

The 1985 Return of the Living Dead introduced the "Braaaaains!" idea. I still love that movie but it's more of a spoof or a comedy than an actual horror. Cable television hasn't been able to get away with the lurid details that a true R rated zombie film would encompass. I'm thrilled A&E is taking this chance, even though they'll have to tame the true comic book storyline.

hvp05

1968 - Night of the Living Dead
2002 - 28 Days Later
I have seen the first one, and parts of the second. I guess I should have paid more attention. :lol:

don't pay coy...we know you have the dude poster...they sparkle!
Come to find out, I like zombies after all. You may now return to your regularly scheduled trolling.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't get zombies or vampires or werewolves or any of that crap. I'm a tragically unhip.