The Water Car???

ylexot

Super Genius
Yes, you can power a car using hydrogen, but where do you get the power to get the hydrogen? Hydrogen is not freely available.

SamSpade

It is idiocy to believe you can run a car on nothing but water.

Consider the premise simply. You put water into it - *SOMEHOW*, the hydrogen in the water becomes available for fuel - you burn it. Guess what you get? Water.

Hey, let's try that again. Take your water exhaust and ...

Pour it in the tank. SOMEHOW, it becomes hydrogen, which you burn as *fuel* - and you burn it. Guess what you get?

Water.

Let's do this again....
Pour it in the tank. SOMEHOW, it becomes hydrogen, which you burn as *fuel* - and you burn it. Guess what you get?

Water.

Let's do this again....

Water.

Let's do this again....

Ummmm. (Raising hand) Where does the energy to extract the hydrogen from the water come from?

ylexot

Super Genius
SamSpade said:
Ummmm. (Raising hand) Where does the energy to extract the hydrogen from the water come from?
Pay no attention to the extension cord running to the house :lmao:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
They claim to have a technology that will produce Hydrogen for fuel by vibrating water molecules at their resonant frequency. In this state the water becomes very unstable and can be broken down into hydrogen and oxygen using only a small amount of energy. The main byproducts of the combustion are water and oxygen. No greenhouse gasses are emitted.

They state that the technology was developed back in the eighties, and has been proven to work, but that an attempt to get this technology on the market was obstructed at that time. "Now, with peaking oil prices, growing concerns over global warming and an intensive search to find alternative energy sources, the time is right to bring out this revolutionary technology."

One of the people involved in the project in the eighties is now involved in the present project. All that is lacking is funding.

Earth 2012 aims to present a prototype at the end of 2005. They have commenced a fund raising campaign to raise £1 million via donations.

The site says, "The water engine will be the ultimate solution to the energy problems the world is facing today. Energy will become available almost for free. Everybody can generate their own electricity once they have invested in a generator that uses this technology."

The project team is dedicated to release this technology into the public domain, without any patents, making it available for all to use. When the full prototype is demonstrated the design will be published, thereby making it impossible for anyone else to claim a patent on this technology. They do not plan to release earlier prototypes for security concerns. Not until the optimized design is achieved will they go public.

Stef Kling, Director of Earth 2012, comments: "Our only motive is to help the world. It is our objective to build a world based on trust and sharing, rather than fear and greed."

Kling has consented to allow Pure Energy Systems to publish the complete plans for this technology in the PES open source format once a refined prototype is attained. "The wider we can get the design out the better," he said.

In addition to releasing the design to the public, Earth 2012 plans to invite a respected institute to reproduce the design. They will also offer their services for car manufacturers to perfect the technology and get it ready for production.

Earth 2012 itself is not involved in the development of the prototype, but manages the fund-raising for the project. Their press release states that £1 million funding is required to start the project

I heard this on the news the other day, got on this morning and googled it...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's not true...

SamSpade said:
It is idiocy to believe you can run a car on nothing but water.
Consider the premise simply. You put water into it - *SOMEHOW*, the hydrogen in the water becomes available for fuel - you burn it. Guess what you get? Water.

Hey, let's try that again. Take your water exhaust and ...

Water.

Let's do this again....

Water.

Let's do this again....

Water.

Let's do this again....

...you just gotta do alot of pumping.

See, you get you a big, BIG azz Super Soaker, mount it to, say, a skate board...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Hello....

SamSpade said:
Does their funding involve any Nigerian bank accounts?

...Mr. Samspade,

I am a representative of a very rich oil prince type person, writing to you today, simply needing your bank account numbers, power of attorney and boundless faith in the goodness of mankind so that we may deposit $6 trillion in your account for a little while. You may keep the interest as a token of our appreciation..."

SamSpade

Larry Gude said:
...you just gotta do alot of pumping.

See, you get you a big, BIG azz Super Soaker, mount it to, say, a skate board...

Well it becomes painfully obvious that the energy consumption in any such proposal is the one that powers the separation of hydrogen from water. If it really were as simple as all that - we wouldn't need to worry about how to put it in a car - we could just power our cities by sucking it out of the ocean, and powering our power plants!

Anyway, I found a spot on the Net that said Earth 2012 gave up because they couldn't get the funding. Hey, same reason my sister didn't write that book she talked about - no book advance.

I wonder why that is?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dunno...

SamSpade said:
Well it becomes painfully obvious that the energy consumption in any such proposal is the one that powers the separation of hydrogen from water. If it really were as simple as all that - we wouldn't need to worry about how to put it in a car - we could just power our cities by sucking it out of the ocean, and powering our power plants!

Anyway, I found a spot on the Net that said Earth 2012 gave up because they couldn't get the funding. Hey, same reason my sister didn't write that book she talked about - no book advance.

I wonder why that is?[/QUOTE]

...maybe she don't like pumping up squirt guns all day? So to speak...

ylexot

Super Genius
Somdmommy said:
They claim to have a technology that will produce Hydrogen for fuel by vibrating water molecules at their resonant frequency. In this state the water becomes very unstable and can be broken down into hydrogen and oxygen using only a small amount of energy. The main byproducts of the combustion are water and oxygen. No greenhouse gasses are emitted.
How much power does it take to vibrate water molecules at their resonant frequency?

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
ylexot said:
How much power does it take to vibrate water molecules at their resonant frequency?
Beats me, I'm just posting what I read on the net!!!

(makes it true right?)