The Wedding is off!

seamstressinMD

Ohh if I hear that one more time! This month I heard it three times, last month four. All were customers I was sewing bridal alterations for ...Is it in the air? Luckily all wanted thier gowns altered anyways, but its sad to see young brides dealing with this...I don't pry so I don't know a individual reason why the weddings were called off, yet I do know it wasn't like this last year.
And I do know its better than a failed marriage! I told them all take your time your young, and you still have the gown of your dreams. Get counceling - take your time to make your mind, if you havent already. Tell me, what else could I have said? (Hoping I won't have any more cancelled weddings). Blessings Diana

K

Kain99

I'm happy to see young women getting it... before it's to late.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
seamstressinMD said:
Ohh if I hear that one more time! This month I heard it three times, last month four. All were customers I was sewing bridal alterations for ...Is it in the air? Luckily all wanted thier gowns altered anyways, but its sad to see young brides dealing with this...I don't pry so I don't know a individual reason why the weddings were called off, yet I do know it wasn't like this last year.
And I do know its better than a failed marriage! I told them all take your time your young, and you still have the gown of your dreams. Get counceling - take your time to make your mind, if you havent already. Tell me, what else could I have said? (Hoping I won't have any more cancelled weddings). Blessings Diana
I hope you got paid either way.

seamstressinMD

yeah thats the thing...

The ladies for the most part are calling it off...and about being paid, yeah I have a policy of charging a fee if the alterations are called off ( cause I could have done someone elses gown) - but I dont always inforce it, it depends, if I had enough income anyways, the situation. But so far all of them wanted thier alterations or garments made anyways. I stay busy all year, this is more about them you know, its hard for me to find the right words. I just imagine if I was 1/2 my age what would I want to hear? Mostly I offer a hug, and understanding. And I point out I wont be one of those wedding vendors that make thier lifes miserable! That helps alot. Blessings Diana

K

Kain99

seamstressinMD said:
The ladies for the most part are calling it off...and about being paid, yeah I have a policy of charging a fee if the alterations are called off ( cause I could have done someone elses gown) - but I dont always inforce it, it depends, if I had enough income anyways, the situation. But so far all of them wanted thier alterations or garments made anyways. I stay busy all year, this is more about them you know, its hard for me to find the right words. I just imagine if I was 1/2 my age what would I want to hear? Mostly I offer a hug, and understanding. And I point out I wont be one of those wedding vendors that make thier lifes miserable! That helps alot. Blessings Diana
And my Dear Diana,

You will never be a millionaire. :huggy:

seamstressinMD

Thats ok...

And my Dear Diana,

You will never be a millionaire

Thanks ....yet thats quite ok, as
I am pleasantly rich enuf=) And blessed even more.
It funny how gracing one customer brings me many more!
Diana

BlackSheep

seamstressinMD said:
Are you sure these gals ain't Bridezilla's?? :jameo:

B

Bronwyn

I've worked part time for a local wedding videographer. We have only had two weddings called off in the past three years. We also had one bride riding around in her limo because she didn't want to get married. The wedding cordinator talked some sense into her and they finally parked. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bronwyn said:
We also had one bride riding around in her limo because she didn't want to get married.
When I was waiting for everyone to get there so I could get married the first time, my maid of honor and I walked down the street to the grocery store for cigarettes. A buddy of ours was driving by and stopped - "Hey, we're going over to Mike's to party - wanna go?"

"....." said I.

"NO!!!" said the MoH, "You're getting married in an hour!!! :smack:"

It's a big step. Being scared is natural.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Conversely, when said MoH was getting married herself and I was HER MoH, she said, "I can't do this. I'm not ready. I don't even like him that much."

And I said, "My car's parked out front. Say the word and we'll bolt."

She walked down the aisle on schedule. :lol:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
vraiblonde said:
Conversely, when said MoH was getting married herself and I was HER MoH, she said, "I can't do this. I'm not ready. I don't even like him that much."

And I said, "My car's parked out front. Say the word and we'll bolt."

She walked down the aisle on schedule. :lol:

I remeber those days.

This goes with the Why is dating so hard tread. cause people are a pain in the azz.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Since no one has brought it up yet.... I will.....

Wasn't me! :razz: My wedding dress is tucked safely away at my mama's house.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Chasey_Lane said:
Mine is hanging in my closet. Do you think I should purchase some sort of storage container for it? :confused:

Where did you get it from? I forgot what they call it, but Today's Bride "preserved" my dress for me. It looks awesome. They cleaned it and put it in this box....you can see the front of my dress displayed. It looks nice. Its just stuck in my closet though, so its not like you can see it. I think they may send it away or something.....I forget how much it was though. :confused:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
Mine is hanging in my closet. Do you think I should purchase some sort of storage container for it? :confused:
Mine is still hanging in my closet too. :lmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I showed up late for my wedding to the ex and walked calmly up to my godmother and said I am not doing this - it's for all the wrong reasons. She and my bridesmaids held me down and wresteled me into my wedding dress - I broke a couple of necklaces and ripped the hem in the dress in the process. Then she sent for help and my daddy came and dragged me (no marching in tune) down the aisle. I was forced into marriage by my own family. :bawl:

sockgirl77

migtig said:
I showed up late for my wedding to the ex and walked calmly up to my godmother and said I am not doing this - it's for all the wrong reasons. She and my bridesmaids held me down and wresteled me into my wedding dress - I broke a couple of necklaces and ripped the hem in the dress in the process. Then she sent for help and my daddy came and dragged me (no marching in tune) down the aisle. I was forced into marriage by my own family. :bawl:
Did you make them pay for the divorce? I would have. :yay:

migtig said:
This is so sad and pathetic in so many ways, I do hope you are making a funny...:lol: