The Willows Restaurant

normalgirl

Anyone know if it is closed for some reason? The last few days I've driven past, it is completely empty and looks like a sign on the door. Forgot to check the sign this evening! Any info?

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Called, went straight to voicemail no ring "The party you called did not answer (duh) please leave a message"

Sorry, best I could do.

:coffee:

TPD

the poor dad
We were there 2 weeks ago. The sign on the door then said that they could not serve alcohol due to liquor license not being renewed in a timely fashion, which can lead to very few cars in parking lot.

tomtom

Don't know, but went there on Mothers Day evening for dinner and we were the only table in the place of actual customers(there were 2 other tables with people but they turned out to be employees). Paid $30 per person for the buffet, which was the only thing available, no menu available. Was definitely not impressed. The shrimp on the buffet was cold and tough, crab balls were tasteless. Waste of money for sure. Would definitely not go back.

ginwoman

I'm afraid there is so much competition of restaurants now in Leonardtown its going to be very hard for them to succeed. Plus all the other restaurants on 235 now. Its a shame. I was really hoping they could succeed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Don't know, but went there on Mothers Day evening for dinner and we were the only table in the place of actual customers(there were 2 other tables with people but they turned out to be employees). Paid $30 per person for the buffet, which was the only thing available, no menu available. Was definitely not impressed. The shrimp on the buffet was cold and tough, crab balls were tasteless. Waste of money for sure. Would definitely not go back.

I would have walked out.

normalgirl

I'm afraid there is so much competition of restaurants now in Leonardtown its going to be very hard for them to succeed. Plus all the other restaurants on 235 now. Its a shame. I was really hoping they could succeed.

I WISH I could continue to support local, non-chain restaurants more. I've worked in the food service industry for 12 years, so I know how hard people work to try and be successful. BUT the last few times I have been to places such as The Willows, The Front Porch, Leonardtown Pub, Rustic River, Reluctant Navigator... Either the service has been terrible, the time it takes to get drinks/food has been too long, or the food has been poor/mediocre at too high of a price. They just can't seem to get it together!!

There are a few exceptions to places that I enjoy going, such as Salsa's, Oga's, Lynn's Cafe, or even Big Larry's comic book shop. Our business is always appreciated there.

I'm anxious to see how a few new places fare, such as Coco Cantina which looks promising and I can't wait to try.

TPD

the poor dad
I WISH I could continue to support local, non-chain restaurants more. I've worked in the food service industry for 12 years, so I know how hard people work to try and be successful. BUT the last few times I have been to places such as The Willows, The Front Porch, Leonardtown Pub, Rustic River, Reluctant Navigator... Either the service has been terrible, the time it takes to get drinks/food has been too long, or the food has been poor/mediocre at too high of a price. They just can't seem to get it together!!

Are you saying this never happens at a chain restaurant?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

There are a few exceptions to places that I enjoy going, such as Salsa's, Oga's, Lynn's Cafe, or even Big Larry's comic book shop. Our business is always appreciated there.

I'm anxious to see how a few new places fare, such as Coco Cantina which looks promising and I can't wait to try.
The Pub is doing something right because their parking lot is always overflowing.

normalgirl

Are you saying this never happens at a chain restaurant?

Oh I know it happens at chains as well. We really don't frequent them that much, but the last one we went to was Texas Roadhouse, and it was great from the service to the food to the price ( half price M-T before 6 pm). other than that, I can't think of when I've been to one besides Panera and fast food type places.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Texas Roadhouse, and it was great from the service to the food to the price ( half price M-T before 6 pm).

I went to TR one time and see no reason to ever go back. Our server was pleasant and efficient enough, but the food was nothing to write home about - completely unremarkable slop from a bag, warmed in a microwave.

I just don't get the attraction to chain formula food and never will. But to each their own. :cheers:

normalgirl

I went to TR one time and see no reason to ever go back. Our server was pleasant and efficient enough, but the food was nothing to write home about - completely unremarkable slop from a bag, warmed in a microwave.

I just don't get the attraction to chain formula food and never will. But to each their own. :cheers:

Do you have any favorite places that you like to go?? We're always willing to try!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you have any favorite places that you like to go?? We're always willing to try!

I'm scared to recommend anything because you liked Texas Roadhouse and didn't like Front Porch. :lol:

How about Ruddy Duck? I've never had a bad meal or service there.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Anyone know if it is closed for some reason? The last few days I've driven past, it is completely empty and looks like a sign on the door. Forgot to check the sign this evening! Any info?

It closed down. spoke to a friend of mine who worked there.

TPD

the poor dad

:yeahthat: Been once to TR myself - don't plan on going back unless outvoted by the other members of the family...

CrashTest

Willows founder John Nucci died a couple months ago. I believe he still owned the property and was leasing it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Willows founder John Nucci died a couple months ago. I believe he still owned the property and was leasing it.

Founder?...I had been going to the Willows for years off and on before John came along and turned it in to a great place for a while there.

But I wouldn't be surprised to hear he did still own it though..it's never really been much since he stopped running it IMHO. Sorry to hear that John Passed.