The Worst Failed Chain Restaurants That No One Misses

black dog

Free America
Hot Shopps Cafeteria and Hot Shopps Jr
Fuddruckers when they butchered at each restaurant.
Author Treachers Fish & Chips.
Howard Johnsons
Ginos
Little Tavern
Lums

Grumpy

Hot Shopps Cafeteria and Hot Shopps Jr
Fuddruckers when they butchered at each restaurant.
Author Treachers Fish & Chips.
Howard Johnsons
Ginos
Little Tavern
Lums
Hot Shopps Cafeteria and Hot Shopps Jr No issues with Hot Shopps Jr
Fuddruckers when they butchered at each restaurant. Went once, worst burger I've ever gotten
Author Treachers Fish & Chips. Saw a few restaurants, but never went there
Howard Johnsons Same as above
Ginos Okay, no opinion one way or another, not bad, not good
Little Tavern Loved the death balls after a night carousing..Le Club LT
Lums Ate there many times, no complaints and not missing them..

The OP video had Chi Chi's, went there a few times because someone I knew worked there, they sucked big time but the service was good

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Arthur Treachers I liked. They always gave you a scoop of the fried breading nuggets, they were kind of like deep fried spaetzel. Chi Chi’s had the best salsa, but the rest of the menu was meh. Better than A&W was Dog and Suds, about the same menu but better root beer.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Howard Johnsons with the all you can eat clam strips... 😋
Arthur Treachers was good, always hot, never greasy.
Carvel ice cream. A large cone was 25 cents.

black dog

Free America
Arthur Treachers I liked. They always gave you a scoop of the fried breading nuggets, they were kind of like deep fried spaetzel. Chi Chi’s had the best salsa, but the rest of the menu was meh. Better than A&W was Dog and Suds, about the same menu but better root beer.
I always liked Treachers,
we have alot of old seasonal A&W's Drive-ins out here.
Its like lousy fried bar food.

PeoplesElbow

When my girlfriend (now wife) and I were dating in the late 80s/early 90s, some of our best date nights were driving to Fredericksburg on a Friday evening to eat at Morrisons Cafeteria. I think that is why she married me - all the fine dining I treated her to! She only had to pay every other date...
I discovered Morrisons in the late 80s in south Florida(Hollywood and Bal Harbor). My dad was always there for union negotiations and brought my mom and I along in the summer.

There was a big black ant stuck on top of the ham in the glaze desperately trying to get free. My smartass 13 year old mouth said "does that ant on the ham cost extra?" The food was always good and there was a great selection.

Reactions: TPD

Kinnakeet

There was a Chi Chi's is Springfield Va I went to for happy hour frequently .. corn chips salsa and beer
That one wasnt bad what was the place before it that moved over were the NFCU was and resides in the Hilton Next to Kaiser Permanente
Dauphins steak house had awesome burgers and fries

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
No mention of Tops Drive-In.

Home of the “Sir Loiner"

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuMTk1OWJoc211c3RhbmdzLmNvbS9WaW50YWdlX1BHX1Bob3Rvcy9tZDE1NC5qcGc~

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
When my girlfriend (now wife) and I were dating in the late 80s/early 90s, some of our best date nights were driving to Fredericksburg on a Friday evening to eat at Morrisons Cafeteria. I think that is why she married me - all the fine dining I treated her to! She only had to pay every other date...
Same thing with paying the toll?

• Haha
Reactions: TPD