The Worst President In American History

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Woodrow Wilson

Suppression of Civil Liberties

President Wilson’s justification for entering World War I was making the world “safe for democracy” — at the cost of democracy in the United States.

Two months after Americans joined Britain, France, and the other Allied powers, Wilson signed the Espionage Act, giving postal authorities the ability to declare certain newspapers “nonmailable matter” intended to urge “treason.” The law also enacted a $10,000 penalty and twenty-year prison sentence for those obstructing the draft.

Within one year, seventy-four publications had been denied mailing privileges — a plain violation of the First Amendment.

In his war message, Wilson likewise announced that any “disloyalty” to the United States from people of “German birth and native sympathy” would be handled “with a firm hand of stern repression.” The Sedition Act of 1918, therefore, made it a federal offense to use “disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language” about the Constitution, the federal government, or the flag. Over 2,100 people were prosecuted under the statute.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And he was a know racist. I'm surprised a certain local bridge is still named after him.

Oh that's right. He was a Democrat.
It's a privilege thing.

Hell... One of the most prominent has to be Johnson Space Center.

herb749

It's a privilege thing.

Hell... One of the most prominent has to be Johnson Space Center.

To a liberal they weigh the pros & cons. Yes Johnson was a racist, but he got the Civil Rights Act passed. So he can be a little racist.

SamSpade

I think one of the things that most annoys me about Wilson is that he CAMPAIGNED largely on one issue - that "He kept us out of the war".
Less than a MONTH after taking the oath of office - the nation was at war with Germany.

Smokey1

You mean the statues of Confederates? Wilson is much worse.

Just like the college I attended. They changed the names of buildings named after Confederates but didn't change the name of "Wilson Hall" which was named after ole Woodrow. I haven't given them a cent since.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think one of the things that most annoys me about Wilson is that he CAMPAIGNED largely on one issue - that "He kept us out of the war".
Less than a MONTH after taking the oath of office - the nation was at war with Germany.

Which is the most Democrat thing EVER.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

And he was a known racist. I'm surprised a certain local bridge is still named after him.

Oh that's right. He was a Democrat.
It will always be named as such in recognition to the fealty he showed to the Zionist/Bolsheviks when he signed the Federal Reserve Act.

Kinnakeet

MONEY was to be made by some from the people who make minutions