The WOW factor

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
The WOW factor - the 2007 foal

I guess everyone has an opinion.

For Purchase at Alliance Farm - VooDoo Daddy

VooDoo Daddy (barn name Maverick) is the first Rocky foal I had, and also the same gelding I posted earlier in this thread who had just been sold. I sold him as a yearling to help pay for a mare to add to my breeding program. He is now at a show barn, and will most likely be shown a bit before he's sold. He is definately show quality. I have no affiliation with Alliance.

Maverick is out of my mare Dani, who many people have seen ridden on local organized rides, and is sired by Gambler, the stallion I chose to have her bred too, before coming to me. This picture is Maverick's mother Dani, who is in foal for a late '09/early 2010 Hondo foal. The picture was taken last week. I have a stupid new wide screen monitor and sometimes pictures appear stretched for some reason.

I am keeping this year's Chocolate/white Gambler colt (QV Wizard of Odds - barn name Keno) out of another mare I own, and will breed a 3rd mare I own to Gambler for a foal next year.

Keno is also show quality but won't be shown. Just because I don't show them, doesn't mean i CAN'T show them. I just choose not too, I don't have the time or the inclination for it.

Attachments

• S-Dani-124.jpg
    S-Dani-124.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
2008 Foals from Quiet Valley

Maverick was the 2007 Rocky foal.

These are the 2008 Rocky foals:

QV Karamel Diva is a Palomino filly - I leased her beautiful sire to breed to Chocobee (he's a show horse). Peaches is staying with us for our breeding program.

and

QV Dexter, a chocolate/flax colt by a black show stallion out of a KMSHA mare that I've sold to another breeder. Dexter is currently for sale, but I'm quite happy to keep him until he's under saddle.

Attachments

• S-PeachesOct09-0015.jpg
    S-PeachesOct09-0015.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 113
  • S-DexterOct09-36.jpg
    S-DexterOct09-36.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
2009 Quiet Valley Rocky foals

These are:

QV Wizard of Odds - Barn name Keno, is a 6 month old dark chocolate/white colt sired by the same show stallion as Maverick. I'll be keeping him for myself, he'll be exactly what i want in a trail gelding, beautiful and a strong natural saddle racker.

and

QV Raven Rio's Revenge (pending), a beautiful 2 week old bay filly by Hondo - I'm not sure what i'm doing with her yet, she's beautiful and out of my favorite mare, but too young to tell what her gait will be like.

Attachments

• SKenoOct090031.jpg
    SKenoOct090031.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 108
  • S-Raven-Hondofilly127.jpg
    S-Raven-Hondofilly127.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 99
  • S-Filly-09Raven-Hondo75.jpg
    S-Filly-09Raven-Hondo75.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
So yeah...I breed for color and lots of it (chocolate/white, Palomino, Bay).
Oh and conformation, gait and temperament. :biggrin:

For those of you who really did care about what the results are for a breeder who loves her breed, and is very picky about who she breeds to who - not all my foals are by my own stallion and it will continue to be that way based on each mare and what stud suits her needs based on past production... enjoy!

And thanks for letting me share those results. They'll continue to make us proud if they look/act like this as babies.

The early 2010 Hondo foals will be equally as nice as Raven's Revenge. One from Chocobee and one from Dani.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
And this is Emmett, a 2009 KMSHA colt we bred out of a registered Racking Horse Breeders Association brood mare and a chocolate/white Rocky stud owned by SOMDRocks (he's since been sold).

He's a big goofy 5 month old baby-boy who'll be well over 16h at maturity, and will be quite a nice trail gelding. Hubs and baby-girl love his goofy personality.

Attachments

• S-Emmett-Oct09-0014.jpg
    S-Emmett-Oct09-0014.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 110
  • S-Emmett-Oct09-0015.jpg
    S-Emmett-Oct09-0015.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
These are:

QV Wizard of Odds - Barn name Keno, is a 6 month old dark chocolate/white colt sired by the same show stallion as Maverick. I'll be keeping him for myself, he'll be exactly what i want in a trail gelding, beautiful and a strong natural saddle racker.

and

QV Raven Rio's Revenge (pending), a beautiful 2 week old bay filly by Hondo - I'm not sure what i'm doing with her yet, she's beautiful and out of my favorite mare, but too young to tell what her gait will be like.

WOW, Ravens baby has lightened up a bit. SHE IS BEEE-U-T-FUL!!!
(As are the rest of the babies!)