St. Mary's Co. Theft Suspect's Identity Needed; Calif. WalMart, May 12 @12:30pm

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the identity of the person pictured. On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:30 p.m. at the California Walmart store, the suspect fraudulently used the self-checkout system to take dozens of items that were not paid for. Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect or this incident is asked to call Cpl. Michael Worrey at 301-475-4200, ext. *8080 or email michael.worrey@stmarysmd.com. Case # 27635-19.

[ This article originally appeared here ]

Last edited by a moderator:

MiddleGround

Almost didn't recognize her without the pitcher and red drink inside!

Looks like mama had her little darling push the hot merchandise out for her.

David

Opinions are my own...
Staff member
PREMO Member
Frankly, if Wal-Mart would provide real people to man the checkout lanes instead of forcing people to use these self-checkout lanes, they would avoid this problem. The level of customer service in this store has become so piss-poor that I rarely go there any more. At times, the only manned lane one can find is the 20 item quick lane.

I challenged a semi-dimwitted asst. manager about it one evening and he basically admitted that corporate wants to do away with people and force customers to do their own checkout; as if that weren't plainly obvious.

And NO, my comments don't mean I think it is OK for this lady to do what she did.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Frankly, if Wal-Mart would provide real people to man the checkout lanes instead of forcing people to use these self-checkout lanes, they would avoid this problem. The level of customer service in this store has become so piss-poor that I rarely go there any more. At times, the only manned lane one can find is the 20 item quick lane.

I challenged a semi-dimwitted asst. manager about it one evening and he basically admitted that corporate wants to do away with people and force customers to do their own checkout; as if that weren't plainly obvious.

And NO, my comments don't mean I think it is OK for this lady to do what she did.
It's not really the less than 20 items lane, it's the cigarette lane. The only reason it's manned is they have to card you to sell you cigarettes.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Why that be Latisha Monique from A&E's, My 300 lb Life. Everyone should be giving her credit for walking so fast out of the store. It's not easy. Look at the determination on her face in the second picture. Meanies, the lot of you.

PrchJrkr

It'll be Fine...
Just another one of the many reasons to not patronize the California Walmart. I'll pay the toll and hit the one in King George if they have something I can't live without.

Clem72

It's not really the less than 20 items lane, it's the cigarette lane. The only reason it's manned is they have to card you to sell you cigarettes.
I buy cold medicine through the self-checkout and they have to check ID there as well. So that's probably not the reason.

Clem72

I dont get the self checkout thing. I dont work at your store, why should I have to act like I do??
Same reason you have to carry your groceries to the car instead of the bag boy. Because those extra services cost money, and people have shown they want the absolute lowest price more than they want the service.

luvmygdaughters

Same reason you have to carry your groceries to the car instead of the bag boy. Because those extra services cost money, and people have shown they want the absolute lowest price more than they want the service.
I dont know, I think there is big difference between carrying your groceries to your car yourself and actually scanning and paying for them. I do know that McKays and Food Lion will assist you to your car if you need help. This idea of self checkout is just inviting shoplifters to invade your store. My opinion only of course.