Then there's this dolt

BernieP

Resident PIA
What a bunch of race baiting bullshit statistics.
77% is about spot on for the population

One race310,923,36396.9%
White234,370,20273.0%
Black or African American40,610,81512.7%
American Indian and Alaska Native2,632,1020.8%
Asian17,186,3205.4%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander570,1160.2%
Other races15,553,8084.8%

Louise

Monticello, , Mount Vernon, Rushmore, The Hermitage, Yellowstone ,many many more places Even the Smithsonian are not crowded with blacks
Beautiful and interesting places, but they seem not to be interested in history or in educational sites.
Educational places , Just not that many interested I guess.

These places are far from racist, and only a real idiot would say they are.

There is a reason that Theodore’s face is on Mt. Rushmore, and not Franklin’s. It is amazing that they came from the same family, and were total opposites.

Louise

The Sociology Dept of ANY University would be very hard pressed to find a study on the impact that programs targeting POCs have had on attendance, membership, or volunteerism. A MAJOR push for inclusion & activities began in the 1990's at MANY historical sites. I am sure the directors thought that the expected participation would surge and the programs would continue annually with even larger turn outs. No Professor in their right mind would seek results and publish the findings. BUT...I can guarantee Park managers don't dare cut programs because of the image problems that would result...so, the illusion continues.

Thank you for your post. I know you are academia, so I appreciate what you say. I wish there were more of you.