Then there's this dolt

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm growing very tired of these "white guilt" appeasers stirring crap where there is no problem. How many whites show up for Hip Hop shows? The next thing you know, they'll be making light of the fact that an opera's audience must be racist, because there are no blacks in attendance.

Hijinx

Monticello, , Mount Vernon, Rushmore, The Hermitage, Yellowstone ,many many more places Even the Smithsonian are not crowded with blacks
Beautiful and interesting places, but they seem not to be interested in history or in educational sites.
Educational places , Just not that many interested I guess.

These places are far from racist, and only a real idiot would say they are.

Grumpy

I'm growing very tired of these "white guilt" appeasers stirring crap where there is no problem. How many whites show up for Hip Hop shows? The next thing you know, they'll be making light of the fact that an opera's audience must be racist, because there are no blacks in attendance.
I had a black woman manager back in the 90s and she would point out 'white guilt' constantly and laugh. She was fair and a good manager but she would say that 'white guilt' would be a problem in the future and laugh some more.

Hessian

The Sociology Dept of ANY University would be very hard pressed to find a study on the impact that programs targeting POCs have had on attendance, membership, or volunteerism. A MAJOR push for inclusion & activities began in the 1990's at MANY historical sites. I am sure the directors thought that the expected participation would surge and the programs would continue annually with even larger turn outs. No Professor in their right mind would seek results and publish the findings. BUT...I can guarantee Park managers don't dare cut programs because of the image problems that would result...so, the illusion continues.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Now see... you just had to bring up operas.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Now see... you just had to bring up operas.
I was gonna counter by listing opera houses in Africa. Turns out only 3 countries(Egypt, Tunisia & SA) in the dark continent has opera houses. None of them are in sub Saharan Africa, except the ones in SA. 1 of those didn't integrate until 1978.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Sociology Dept of ANY University would be very hard pressed to find a study on the impact that programs targeting POCs have had on attendance, membership, or volunteerism. A MAJOR push for inclusion & activities began in the 1990's at MANY historical sites. I am sure the directors thought that the expected participation would surge and the programs would continue annually with even larger turn outs. No Professor in their right mind would seek results and publish the findings. BUT...I can guarantee Park managers don't dare cut programs because of the image problems that would result...so, the illusion continues.

You can only invite people, you can't force them to come.

Black people also don't snow ski for some reason. I asked my (black) friend why this is and he told me black people don't like to do cold things. :lol:

We don't see a lot of black people in the RV parks. Jellystone in Fort Worth was a notable exception - there were a bunch of black families enjoying the pool and nature, kids running around playing. But in general we see more lesbian couples than black families.

The most common ethnicity I've seen at the national parks is Asian. Asian tourists, to be specific. Like, tons of them. They tour our wonderful parks, then go get a big ass American grilled steak to complete the experience.

It's not that black people can't go to the parks, it's that they don't. If it were up to me I'd grab every kid, regardless of race, out of the inner city hell holes and take them to Grand Canyon for a summer. They can work and make some money, get out of their environment, see what else is out there, and become a part of it. Broaden their horizons, maybe set them on a different path.

BOP

You can only invite people, you can't force them to come.

Black people also don't snow ski for some reason. I asked my (black) friend why this is and he told me black people don't like to do cold things. :lol:

We don't see a lot of black people in the RV parks. Jellystone in Fort Worth was a notable exception - there were a bunch of black families enjoying the pool and nature, kids running around playing. But in general we see more lesbian couples than black families.

The most common ethnicity I've seen at the national parks is Asian. Asian tourists, to be specific. Like, tons of them. They tour our wonderful parks, then go get a big ass American grilled steak to complete the experience.

It's not that black people can't go to the parks, it's that they don't. If it were up to me I'd grab every kid, regardless of race, out of the inner city hell holes and take them to Grand Canyon for a summer. They can work and make some money, get out of their environment, see what else is out there, and become a part of it. Broaden their horizons, maybe set them on a different path.
Lesbos like RVing!? :yikes: