There are two AOCs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The real her, the one who posts ridiculously ignorant and immature crap on her social media accounts (like the one where she's astounded by a garbage disposal); and the actress, who can deliver a script brilliantly in her official capacity (when had plenty of time to rehearse).

This should tell all of us that's she's no more than an actor playing a part. No different than any of the rest of them who play one thing on the screen, but the private them is something else entirely. "Hi, I'm Britney Spears, a sweet lil ol country girl who is still a virgin with old fashioned morals" (as she shaves her head and gets carted off to the loony bin for the umpteenth time).

I'm not sure why any of us like to pretend that these people are truly the characters they play.

MiddleGround

The real her, the one who posts ridiculously ignorant and immature crap on her social media accounts (like the one where she's astounded by a garbage disposal); and the actress, who can deliver a script brilliantly in her official capacity (when had plenty of time to rehearse).

This should tell all of us that's she's no more than an actor playing a part. No different than any of the rest of them who play one thing on the screen, but the private them is something else entirely. "Hi, I'm Britney Spears, a sweet lil ol country girl who is still a virgin with old fashioned morals" (as she shaves her head and gets carted off to the loony bin for the umpteenth time).

I'm not sure why any of us like to pretend that these people are truly the characters they play.

This could describe Trump as well. Constantly posting ridiculous stuff on social media but, delivers brilliantly when scripted and rehearsed.

If you cannot relate the two then, that is willful blindness.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This could describe Trump as well. Constantly posting ridiculous stuff on social media but, delivers brilliantly when scripted and rehearsed.

Do you actually follow Trump's tweets on Twitter, or do you just read what CNN/etc tell you they say?

The vast majority of Trump's tweets are action or policy related, or he's hitting back at some lie a Democrat or their media minion spewed. Perhaps you think he should just take abuse and remain silent, and you are certainly allowed to have your opinion. But I am thrilled to finally have a President who won't take their crap.

I challenge you to get your information first hand rather than have someone report it to you. Straight up, Trump on Twitter sounds exactly like Trump the orator and Trump the statesman.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

I couldn't disagree with your take more.

Trump is a master of persuasion (read Robert Cialdini's books (e.g., Influence or Pre-suasion) if you want to learn more about the subject) and very much knows what he's doing (whether one agrees with him or not).

AOC has good persuasion potential, but lacks - at a minimum - life experience. She's also terribly full of herself. While one could say that about Trump (though I'm not sure I would), in AOC's case her pride in her mental acumen is not yet deserved.

--- End of line (MCP)

MiddleGround

Do you actually follow Trump's tweets on Twitter, or do you just read what CNN/etc tell you they say?

The vast majority of Trump's tweets are action or policy related, or he's hitting back at some lie a Democrat or their media minion spewed. Perhaps you think he should just take abuse and remain silent, and you are certainly allowed to have your opinion. But I am thrilled to finally have a President who won't take their crap.

I challenge you to get your information first hand rather than have someone report it to you. Straight up, Trump on Twitter sounds exactly like Trump the orator and Trump the statesman.
I couldn't disagree with your take more.

Trump is a master of persuasion (read Robert Cialdini's books (e.g., Influence or Pre-suasion) if you want to learn more about the subject) and very much knows what he's doing (whether one agrees with him or not).

AOC has good persuasion potential, but lacks - at a minimum - life experience. She's also terribly full of herself. While one could say that about Trump (though I'm not sure I would), in AOC's case her pride in her mental acumen is not yet deserved.

--- End of line (MCP)

Sorry to both of you. I was merely replying to the facts and statements in the OP. Particularly this part:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Sorry to both of you. I was merely replying to the facts and statements in the OP. Particularly this part:
I get it. But I still disagree. It's not willful blindness in not seeing them as similar. They're not similar (unless we are talking about superficial similarities).

Trump's tweets may seem ridiculous, but are generally excellent persuasion.

AOC's tweets are ridiculous more often than not b/c either a) she's a self-entitled, brat, moron still learning how to persuade (my take) or b) she's simply a moron who happens to sometimes be a good talking head (Vrai's take; I think).

--- End of line (MCP)

MiddleGround

I get it. But I still disagree. It's not willful blindness in not seeing them as similar. They're not similar (unless we are talking about superficial similarities).

Trump's tweets may seem ridiculous, but are generally excellent persuasion.

AOC's tweets are ridiculous more often than not b/c either a) she's a self-entitled, brat, moron still learning how to persuade (my take) or b) she's simply a moron who happens to sometimes be a good talking head (Vrai's take; I think).

--- End of line (MCP)

So, you are saying the fact that I think they are similar is incorrect based on what you and someone else "thinks?"

Trump has put out some pretty ridiculous tweets and other social media rants... FACT
Trump has also managed to sound quite Presidential when a scripted and rehearsed message was presented... FACT

How can that be construed as different from the OP?

P.S. I am not trying to Trump bash... I think most of the politicians in office are idiots.... equally :yay:

Hijinx

Man: Have you ever listened to a Trump speech?

He is without doubt the worst public speaking President ever.
The man doesn't deliver brilliantly at all, even when his speech's are scripted.
He isn't President for his speaking ability nor for his brilliant tweets..

MiddleGround

The man doesn't deliver brilliantly at all, even when his speech's are scripted.

There is a distinct difference between the scripted and unscripted speeches.

MiddleGround

And I asked you a question:

Do you actually follow Trump's tweets on Twitter or do you hear about them secondhand?

By follow, do you mean check in on them every once in a while OR follow them like a rabid dog? I have seen them numerous times but, I do not hinge on every tweet.

I have seen the good, the bad, and the ridiculous. I am not judging either of them (Trump or AOC) I am just saying that BOTH do exactly what you stated in the OP.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
By follow, do you mean check in on them every once in a while OR follow them like a rabid dog? I have seen them numerous times but, I do not hinge on every tweet.

By "follow" I mean you subscribe to Trump's tweets on Twitter so that you see them directly from him. Not necessarily all of them - nobody has time for that - but when you check your Twitter feed you see them on some level or you go to his Twitter page and see what he's been up to.

Because I can assure you that the vast majority of Trump's tweets are informational and his supporters appreciate the unprecedented direct contact. There is the occasional petty or snippy, and that is what the media focuses on. He'll also do a thread tweet where it's a series of tweets describing a complex situation or thought, and the media will take a snip of one of them and pretend that was the whole thing, completely changing what he actually said.

MiddleGround

By "follow" I mean you subscribe to Trump's tweets on Twitter so that you see them directly from him. Not necessarily all of them - nobody has time for that - but when you check your Twitter feed you see them on some level or you go to his Twitter page and see what he's been up to.

Because I can assure you that the vast majority of Trump's tweets are informational and his supporters appreciate the unprecedented direct contact. There is the occasional petty or snippy, and that is what the media focuses on. He'll also do a thread tweet where it's a series of tweets describing a complex situation or thought, and the media will take a snip of one of them and pretend that was the whole thing, completely changing what he actually said.

Yes. I do see them.

Are you saying that the majority or all of the social media posts from AOC are nothing but "moronic" but, its OK for Trump because it only happens every once in a while?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have seen the good, the bad, and the ridiculous. I am not judging either of them (Trump or AOC) I am just saying that BOTH do exactly what you stated in the OP.

The difference, and my point, is that AOC in her own words is always ignorant and immature. Scripted AOC is a firebrand. Which proves that she's nothing more than an actress playing a part.

Trump is himself, whether on social media or giving a prepared speech. You never look at him from one venue to the next and go, "Wait, who IS that???"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are you saying that the majority or all of the social media posts from AOC are nothing but "moronic" but, its OK for Trump because it only happens every once in a while?

See my previous post.

And yes, it's okay for Trump to be moronic once in awhile. Nobody's perfect and I'm okay with that. I can't think of a single statesman who didn't act the fool at some point.

MiddleGround

The difference, and my point, is that AOC in her own words is always ignorant and immature. Scripted AOC is a firebrand. Which proves that she's nothing more than an actress playing a part.

Trump is himself, whether on social media or giving a prepared speech. You never look at him from one venue to the next and go, "Wait, who IS that???"

Ok. Well then, we would have to agree to disagree.

I do not believe that "AOC in her own words is always ignorant and immature." Sure.. she often sounds like an idiot however, I still don't give Trump a pass just because it doesn't happen as much.

For people in their positions and making what they make... scrutiny of their "presence" anywhere should be high. BOTH of them

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For people in their positions and making what they make... scrutiny of their "presence" anywhere should be high. BOTH of them

I don't think that's fair. People are, you know, human. Nobody - not one single person - is completely perfect all the time and above reproach. Especially when they have cameras on them 24/7 and every word they speak is recorded for posterity.

Do you think anyone like that exists or has ever existed?

MiddleGround

I don't think that's fair. People are, you know, human. Nobody - not one single person - is completely perfect all the time and above reproach. Especially when they have cameras on them 24/7 and every word they speak is recorded for posterity.

Do you think anyone like that exists or has ever existed?

No I do not.

But, we do live in a changing world where social media and 'exposure' to voters is a lot more accessible. Social media especially.

It is funny that you are saying "people are people" and "not one single person is completely perfect" yet you are singling out a single person in the OP.

BOP