There are two AOCs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is funny that you are saying "people are people" and "not one single person is completely perfect" yet you are singling out a single person in the OP.

Okay, fanboy, I can't get any clearer with my point. If you can't hear anything about your girlfriend without going, "But Trump..." that's your problem and this discussion is officially boring to me.

MiddleGround

Okay, fanboy, I can't get any clearer with my point. If you can't hear anything about your girlfriend without going, "But Trump..." that's your problem and this discussion is officially boring to me.

Why are you running away like usual?

Ok Trump fangirl, If you can't admit that your boyfriend/daddy makes mistakes too (I guess he IS perfect?) in a conversation without running away then that is YOUR problem. I did have hope for where this conversation would go but sadly, you managed to do exactly what was expected.

By the way... it was YOU who started this thread with comparisons. Yet another funny.. and contradictory thing that you managed to say.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AOC has good persuasion potential, but lacks - at a minimum - life experience. She's also terribly full of herself.

She's been made a star and told she's important without doing anything to deserve it (as you said). She's that rookie baller who gets a head full and starts hemorrhaging money and snapping his fingers at the little people, then finds himself jobless and broke a couple years later.

She didn't even earn her Congress seat - she was hired for it. No lie, she literally auditioned for the job and her handlers shaped and molded her into what she is today. She doesn't have anything other than a good PR team behind her.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Trump has decades of business experience. AOC is a bartender. Nothing wrong with tending bar. Hard to compare that with someone with projects on several continents.

Only thing AOC has over Trump is that 45 doesn't drink.

MiddleGround

Trump has decades of business experience. AOC is a bartender. Nothing wrong with tending bar. Hard to compare that with someone with projects on several continents.

Only thing AOC has over Trump is that 45 doesn't drink.

I was not trying to compare Trump to AOC. I was merely refuting the OP. A comparison was made between AOC and Trump featuring immature social media posts and either's ability to deliver a good speech when scripted and rehearsed. Since then, the conversation has been moved to it NOT being a comparison between the two. Which is it? If it is not then the OP needs to be changed because it is NOTHING but a comparison and a "Trump is better because..." statement.

Once again, I am not in favor of one or the other but, if you are going to make a post like the OP then stand by it. All I asked was for an explanation and how the two are not alike in the ways expressed in the OP and was left with "I have no answer so I am bored with you." Not the first time and certainly not the last.

This_person

This could describe Trump as well. Constantly posting ridiculous stuff on social media but, delivers brilliantly when scripted and rehearsed.

If you cannot relate the two then, that is willful blindness.
While your point may or may not be valid, what does it have to do with a thread about AOC? Why does it require, "yeahbutTrump", and can't just be a discussion all on its own?

This_person

I was not trying to compare Trump to AOC. I was merely refuting the OP. A comparison was made between AOC and Trump featuring immature social media posts and either's ability to deliver a good speech when scripted and rehearsed. Since then, the conversation has been moved to it NOT being a comparison between the two. Which is it? If it is not then the OP needs to be changed because it is NOTHING but a comparison and a "Trump is better because..." statement.

Once again, I am not in favor of one or the other but, if you are going to make a post like the OP then stand by it. All I asked was for an explanation and how the two are not alike in the ways expressed in the OP and was left with "I have no answer so I am bored with you." Not the first time and certainly not the last.
But, why does there need to be a comparison?

Person A: Macaroni and cheese is good.
Person B: Pizza is better, so your point is invalid.

Why? Why not just talk about how good macaroni and cheese is without bringing in pizza?

MiddleGround

While your point may or may not be valid, what does it have to do with a thread about AOC? Why does it require, "yeahbutTrump", and can't just be a discussion all on its own?

If the conversation didn't originate from the SOMD forum Trump fangirl then the comparison would have never been made. Especially the points that were made regarding social media rants and speech delivery. However, in the spirit of your reply... here is what I believe.

AOC is in over her head. She was not prepared to be in the position she has and is, what I believe, trying to do the best she can. She is probably receiving a LOT of whispers in her ear and getting her strings pulled but, I would let her have some time. She needs some seasoning. Give it some time and then criticize.

This_person

AOC is in over her head. She was not prepared to be in the position she has and is, what I believe, trying to do the best she can. She is probably receiving a LOT of whispers in her ear and getting her strings pulled but, I would let her have some time. She needs some seasoning. Give it some time and then criticize.
I get your point, but she only has two years, and one of those she will use to run for reelection. Her lack of clue is dangerous because she votes on bills. Once one is elected, being surprised and confused by things like garbage disposals is something she needed to move past. Being shocked by needing to pay rent would be funny if she didn't have a degree in economics and the ability to vote on how the rest of the country's tax dollars are spent.

I give presidents about 6 months, I give Congressman about six weeks. She's past hers.

BOP

Yeah, I actually agree with this. It'll be interesting to see whether or not the DNC primaries her or she gets re-elected. A few weeks ago, I'd have sworn they had their finger on the big red button (so to speak), but now I'm not so sure. There's something weird going on within the demonic party that smacks of a major power struggle that they're having a hard time keeping a lid on.

Last edited:

CPUSA

You wanna know what this post should be called?
#2....NOT #32

And then you could've moved on with your life

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Her lack of clue is dangerous because she votes on bills.

Her lack of clue is dangerous because she's infectious, or else she's just the tip of the spear that was the plan all along. Remember just a few short months ago when she came out with this Green New Deal nonsense, and was roundly ridiculed? And how now most of the Dems, and certainly the ones running for President, are all lauding the Green New Deal and running on that platform? Many of them - Beta, for example - are trying to out-GND each other. "Not only would I ban all this stuff, but I'd ban all this other stuff as well! Vote for meeeeee!"

That fascist bullshit "idea" has gone from absurdity to a major campaign issue and rallying point in just a few short months.

These people OWN the media, which in turn OWNS the American public.

MiddleGround

And yet... Trump is President. The American people spoke for whom they wanted and got it.

I do agree that the media is corrupt and out for nothing but pandering to liberals and making money but, in the end I believe that Americans will see it for what it is and make their decisions in the voting booth.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
And yet... Trump is President. The American people spoke for whom they wanted and got it.

I do agree that the media is corrupt and out for nothing but pandering to liberals and making money but, in the end I believe that Americans will see it for what it is and make their decisions in the voting booth.
Scott Adams has posted over the weekend his concerns about the social media companies subtly manipulating public opinion. Mostly manipulating it a way that is explicitly anti-Trump and anti-conservative/Right.

He switched his prediction of Trump winning in a landslide to Trump having no chance at being reelected (in that the social media folks were caught off-guard in 2016 and have been using/will use the run-up to 2020 to fix the error of their ways.

He's going so far as to call it the end of democracy; the end of the American Experiment.

And the MSM is in cahoots as it beta tests candidates and their messages.

(Certainly, he could be saying what he's saying as persuasion to mobilize opinion against his predictions. I'm sure that's part of it. But I also think there's truth in his warnings.)

I think Vrai is correct; I hope MiddleGround is also correct.

--- End of line (MCP)

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Scott Adams has posted over the weekend his concerns about the social media companies subtly manipulating public opinion. Mostly manipulating it a way that is explicitly anti-Trump and anti-conservative/Right.

What's fun is that now even a whisper of conservative comment on Twitter sends the bots into a frenzy. Patricia Arquette is the most recent bot having a shitfit because she accidentally saw a post by Joy Villa (just a glad tidings happy thought, nothing political) that sent her over the edge of sanity.

Apparently freaking Politico, of all botzines, wasn't rabid enough about something Trump-related and the progs are now insisting they are a rightwing outlet.

So there it is: when you think you've seen the most extreme political viewpoint there is, you haven't. There is way more extreme where that came from.