There goes that dumbass "coup" theory

transporter

Sorry comrade GURPS, vrai and the rest of the ignorati:

Andrew McCabe: I told congressional leaders that the FBI was investigating President Trump – and they didn't object

"The purpose of the briefing was to let our congressional leadership know exactly what we'd been doing," McCabe said when asked specifically if he told Congress about the investigation into the president.

"Opening a case of this nature, not something that an FBI director, not something that an acting FBI director would do by yourself, right? This was a recommendation that came to me from my team, I reviewed it with our lawyers, I discussed it at length with the deputy attorney general," McCabe said, "and I told Congress what we had done."

Pressed by NBC's Savannah Guthrie on whether any member of the group objected, McCabe said that none of them had.

"That's the important part here, Savannah. No one objected. Not on legal grounds, not on constitutional grounds, and not based on the facts," McCabe said.

On the Senate side, the group of lawmakers at the time were Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., and ranking member Mark Warner, D-Va.

The House members were then-Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and then-Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., as well as former House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and then-ranking member Adam Schiff, D-Calif.

None of the spokespeople for the group confirmed McCabe's May 2017 comments when asked by CNBC.

"We never commented on Speaker Ryan's intelligence briefings, and that remains the rule," Ryan spokesman Kevin Seifert said.

Sorry chuckleheads...no coup (which has already been pointed out)...just a group of dedicated civil servants following "the rule of law". You remember that phrase, "rule of law", right? You all are so desperate to apply it to everything and everyone except in any circumstance surrounding our inept, incompetent and unfit president.

So you may now move on to your next tin foil hat theory.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish ..... or a Russian Bot or a Russian From Minsk

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Toxick

Splat
Sorry chuckleheads...no coup (which has already been pointed out)...just a group of dedicated civil servants following "the rule of

TCROW

Well ole Mitch is a dirty sewer rat awash in Ruasian money so I’m not sure that his lack of an objection means much.

Hijinx

It's funny that none of them will admit he spoke to them.

"None of the spokespeople for the group confirmed McCabe's May 2017 comments when asked by CNBC.

"We never commented on Speaker Ryan's intelligence briefings, and that remains the rule," Ryan spokesman Kevin Seifert said.

A spokeswoman for Warner declined to comment on McCabe's claims."

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

Andrew McCabe: I told congressional leaders that the FBI was investigating President Trump – and they didn't object

Sorry chuckleheads...no coup (which has already been pointed out)...just a group of dedicated civil servants following "the rule of law". You remember that phrase, "rule of law", right? You all are so desperate to apply it to everything and everyone except in any circumstance surrounding our inept, incompetent and unfit president.

You're kidding, right?

An interview where McCabe gets soft-tossed and has total freedom to make his required talking points? You're claiming this preemptive media opportunity makes the "coup theory" null and void?

Dumbass is right. But it's not the theory that fits that bill. Brah.

--- End of line (MCP)

Midnightrider

You're kidding, right?

An interview where McCabe gets soft-tossed and has total freedom to make his required talking points? You're claiming this preemptive media opportunity makes the "coup theory" null and void?

Dumbass is right. But it's not the theory that fits that bill. Brah.

--- End of line (MCP)
And why aren’t the gang of 8 refuting the living **** out of his story?

This_person

How does telling Ryan and Pelosi what you're doing not make it part of a coup?