There Goes The Giant's Season...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I forgot, this here is Redskin territory, and nobody gives a danm about any other team, but theirs! :killingme

Rael

Supper's Ready
Report: Giants' Umenyiora likely out for season

Looks like damaged knee ligiaments. He's a key player on the NY Giants defensive team - leader in sacks last year.

Oh well...........

Damn.

I was riding on Coughlin's words last night from the Doctor, too. Well, there will be key injuries for many teams...just part of the game. I just hate to see it in a pre-season game for any team. I don't call that a season breaker, though.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Damn.

I was riding on Coughlin's words last night from the Doctor, too. Well, there will be key injuries for many teams...just part of the game. I just hate to see it in a pre-season game for any team. I don't call that a season breaker, though.

What has me wondering, though, is how they can say he's out for the season, when it hasn't even started yet?

Four or five months, down the road, and they do not think that there's not enough time for him to heal up?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Sorry to hear about that Penn and other G-fans.

It sucks when a young stud goes down, believe me I know.

Rael

Supper's Ready
What has me wondering, though, is how they can say he's out for the season, when it hasn't even started yet?

Four or five months, down the road, and they do not think that there's not enough time for him to heal up?
Normal recovery in four months or so (doing the math here...Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec...). Sounds like the decision to have surgery on Tuesday (versus treating it, which sounded like it was not the correct answer for him) pretty much takes him out for the regular season.
Sorry to hear about that Penn and other G-fans.

It sucks when a young stud goes down, believe me I know.

:yeahthat:

Rael

Supper's Ready
And now the talk of looking at Strahan again....(offered him $6M in the off-season which he turned down, another article I read said possibly $8M being considered now). My mindset today is that I'd be really surprised if Strahan came back with the Giants.

He wanted to retire on top, winning a Superbowl. Done. He has a contract with Fox. I'm thinking one of the main reasons he would have even considered returning (pre-Umenyiora injury) would have been his assessment of next year's team's potential. And with Umenyiora out, it certainly reduces their potential in a big way.

So now this "suddenly looking at Strahan again" idea sounds a little odd to me and leads me to think it was.....really just about the money?

Pooh31

Hubby is a die hard Giants fan. I laughed at him when I heard, (no I was not laughing cause he was hurt), laughing cause he was a leader in sacs and now they want Strahan back, looks like Giants are a little scared.

BuddyLee

Football addict
A lot of people don't realize that now with Strahan, Osi, and the free-agents that left the Giants defense that all their sack totals from last year are now cut in half.

Someone will have to step up.