Thermostat Setting?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
NO A/C on at all right now! It's set at 67/68 for heat in the winter and about 72 in the summer. I have a townhouse and the top floor gets very hot in the summer, so we keep the thermostat for A/C on the main level cooler so it is not excruciating at night for sleeping.

John Z

if you will
Both my zones have those new-fangled thermostats where an upper and lower temperature can be set. I think I set 69/78 for my temperature. I don't change it, and never have to "turn on my A/C" or "turn on my heat". People seem to enjoy boasting about how late into the cold/warm season it is before they enabled their furnace/air conditioner.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Both my zones have those new-fangled thermostats where an upper and lower temperature can be set. I think I set 69/78 for my temperature. I don't change it, and never have to "turn on my A/C" or "turn on my heat". People seem to enjoy boasting about how late into the cold/warm season it is before they enabled their furnace/air conditioner.

Actually, we now have a programmable thermostat,(just got it this past summer) and we set it and forget it now, as well. The system is either "off" or "lower" when we are not in the house, and changes for the times we are (and also changes for when we are sleeping)

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Actually, we now have a programmable thermostat,(just got it this past summer) and we set it and forget it now, as well. The system is either "off" or "lower" when we are not in the house, and changes for the times we are (and also changes for when we are sleeping)

I used to program mine like that, but then I experimented with keeping the temp the same all day and night and I noticed a reduction in my electric bill. I think my old unit was working harder to change the temp back and forth four times a day.

What do you keep the air set at?

78 right now

78* ?! ACK! WAY too warm for me for this time of year.

I set the thermostat to be comfortable, which means different temps based on the humidity level. If the dew point is low, cool to 76*, heat to 70* If the dew point is very high in the summer, cool to 73*, mostly to dry the air out.

Right now, no heat or air turned on, inside temp of 68*, and I'm perfectly comfortable.