These kids are in for a rude awakening...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The fact is that when Larry was making money, he wouldn't give a cripple a wooden leg. .

That's total bull#### and I'd be sorry that you're so miserable that it brings joy to you to attack me personally on a fairly consistent basis, but I don't care. That's not my problem any more.

This_person

Of course and he may well. However, as I keep repeating, when food, shelter and clothing, human essentials, are covered and we CAN take care of that for everyone, and way more AND need less and less a percentage of us every year to keep up with and accelerate that, we ARE talking about finding employment in something not needed. When we talk of ending welfare, you're talking about putting how many millions more into the workforce? When we talk about cutting gummint fat, how many more does that dump into the labor supply? Both parties have over seen a defacto open border policy that has put another 20 million or so into the force.

So, what happens when expanding supply of labor meets shrinking demand for it? Already very poor wages are impacted some more. :buddies:

Agreed.

But, there's no need to END welfare, there's a need to end welfare FRAUD (people on it who could do something to earn their keep). What you describe is an actual need to cut illegal immigration.

Those things are available for all and more because people work for it. Necessities are subjective - is a cell phone a necessity? No, in my opinion but many people feel it is a need - so that's something people design, build, ship, sell, repair, maintain a network for, maintain insurance for, etc., etc. that keep people working and productively. Did anyone ever need a pet rock? No, but that was productive work that kept people buying food, clothing, and shelter.

So, there's no shortage of "need" as defined by "#### people will pay for" right now. Something new comes out constantly that some people "need" to keep others productive.

This_person

What does this have to do with the reality that we have less and less to fight over? Who is asking for anyone to be a slave?

We don't have less and less to fight over, but my idea of being a slave is two-fold: I'm either the slave doing the work to feed others, or I am a slave to the others for getting the product of their labor and being unable to fend for myself.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The fact is that when Larry was making money, he wouldn't give a cripple a wooden leg. He was all about toys and stuff for him. Now that he's unemployed and on the skids, NOW he thinks "rich" people should "share" with him.

That's total bull#### and I'd be sorry that you're so miserable that it brings joy to you to attack me personally on a fairly consistent basis, but I don't care. That's not my problem any more.

Damn Vrai... you know where to find that exposed nerve and then jump on it with both feet huh?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Damn Vrai... you know where to find that exposed nerve and then jump on it with both feet huh?

Hypocrisy annoys me, and I cannot let it pass when someone tells a flat out lie right in front of me when they know damn well that I know it's a lie. Lying to strangers is one thing; lying to someone who you know knows better is something else. That takes incredible chutzpah.

Hijinx

Of course and he may well. However, as I keep repeating, when food, shelter and clothing, human essentials, are covered and we CAN take care of that for everyone, and way more AND need less and less a percentage of us every year to keep up with and accelerate that, we ARE talking about finding employment in something not needed. When we talk of ending welfare, you're talking about putting how many millions more into the workforce? When we talk about cutting gummint fat, how many more does that dump into the labor supply? Both parties have over seen a defacto open border policy that has put another 20 million or so into the force.

So, what happens when expanding supply of labor meets shrinking demand for it? Already very poor wages are impacted some more. :buddies:

Well we can certainly feed , house and clothe the non working people in this country easily.
However we cannot do it and let them be where they want to be, and do what they want to do.
We can put them in barracks and feed them in mess halls we can even set up a clinic so they get medical care.

However, I don't think they would like it. They would rather get section 8 in a neighborhood and ruin that,and waste their welfare money on dope, steaks, and liquor, and go to the Emergency room.

SamSpade

No. Larry could always be contentious - but he loved to debate, even if he dug in his heels a little overmuch.
You could BET if you answered any of his posts - he'd be back.

Trans shows no stomach for debate, and almost never ever does.
Leading me and others to believe they're just a paid participant.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I don't think you have to pay people to be aholes. I think they'll do it for free, and it will be their own idea. After Trump, I've seen too many people that I know personally come unhinged and rip into their friends and family members.

Hijinx

I don't think you have to pay people to be aholes. I think they'll do it for free, and it will be their own idea. After Trump, I've seen too many people that I know personally come unhinged and rip into their friends and family members.

The good thing is if you rip them back they usually learn to stay away from talking politics with you.

Unless you have a relative who is a real nutcase with terminal TDS.

PsyOps

Pixelated
No. Larry could always be contentious - but he loved to debate, even if he dug in his heels a little overmuch.
You could BET if you answered any of his posts - he'd be back.

Trans shows no stomach for debate, and almost never ever does.

It was a joke Sam.

I do miss Larry. He had a pretty unique style about him that I can't quite pin any current member as his MPD.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It was a joke Sam.

I do miss Larry. He had a pretty unique style about him that I can't quite pin any current member as his MPD.

If Larry had an MPD, I would recognize it immediately. He's not the type to do that, anyway - he has always wanted to be a professional pundit and wouldn't anonymize his byline.

Clem72

Jeopardy tonight was the Teachers Tournament. One of the teachers said he projected emojis on the wall and asked his students to pick one or two in order to gauge how his students felt that day.

When I was in school the Calculus 101 professor appointed a class chaplain and said 'See me if you have problems understanding the material. For all other problems, see the chaplain'.

Times sure have changed. Poor kids.

My Calc I teacher would write so hard he would bust several sticks of chalk every class. And he would throw the eraser at students that were sleeping.