They are back!

limblips

PREMO Member
Just came across cases of these in the grocery store!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I fondly remember going to PA to visit my uncle Hank one summer in the mid 60s. Necca wafers were road trip candy. Mommy Dearest got a roll for each of us kids, to shut us up so dad could concentrate on driving.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Am I wrong, or hasn't Cracker Barrel been selling them all along? Pretty sure I saw them last time I was there, back in Jan/Feb.

From the Cracker Barrel web:
Product Details

A true American Classic, Necco ® Wafers have long been a signature item in old country stores. These candies come in an assortment of flavors - lemon, orange, lime, clove, cinnamon, wintergreen, licorice, and chocolate. Reminiscent of days gone by, Necco ® Wafers are tasty, fun, and fat free! 2.02 oz package

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Am I wrong, or hasn't Cracker Barrel been selling them all along? Pretty sure I saw them last time I was there, back in Jan/Feb.

I would have never seen them in there, I never eat at CB. :yay:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not disputing that, but I'm sure I saw them at CB. I remember commenting to myself about seeing them. Maybe CB had a warehouse full of them.
I didn't notice they were gone. I would swear that Dollar General carried them the whole time. I know I've bought them recently, but recently may have been 2 years ago. Time flies when you always stay busy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I didn't notice they were gone. I would swear that Dollar General carried them the whole time. I know I've bought them recently, but recently may have been 2 years ago. Time flies when you always stay busy.
:yay:
I'm sure I've had them in the past 5 years. 🤔 I know I saw them in my travels along the way somewhere in some out of the way "old time" candy shoppe or something. I used to love them as a kid, but they're the kind of thing I'd buy a few pkgs of and have some and then be done with them for a long while again. :lol:

limblips

PREMO Member
DG has some large Smarties that look very similar in packaging and colors.